+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

I'm Rich.

The old boy Chester and I enjoying the warmth of a fire.

One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    The old boy Chester and I enjoying the warmth of a fire.

Sad to say the old boy went for the great catnap in the sky yesterday.

We came home and put away the blanket and food bowls which was very sad. Waking up to a house without a cat in it was very strange this morning as any cat owner will tell you, they won't let you get on with your day until they're fed.

Already looking at the cats protection league website to adopt another friend.

I'm Martin.

That's shame but I'm sure he had a long and happy innings. After mine went the bowls stayed for about 6 months, couldn't bring myself to clear them away.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Loz.

Thats sad, I feel for you Rich. Still miss my old friends over the years. However the Cats Protection is a good idea, might help to soften the blow a little and there's always a moggy in need of some love and warmth there.

All the best

Loz

I'm Grant.

Sorry to hear that Rich. Mine died a few years ago now and wasnt replaced. I had her for over 20 years and had few complaints. Difficult to look after an animal now so dont have one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Thanks guys.

Just come back in from the local animal refuge where we've been meeting some new friends. Found a timid pair of tortoise shell cats who looked like they'd enjoy it here and a black and grey pair who were also very charming.

Gonna sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

I'm Neil.

Sad to say the old boy went for the great catnap in the sky yesterday.

We came home and put away the blanket and food bowls which was very sad. Waking up to a house without a cat in it was very strange this morning as any cat owner will tell you, they won't let you get on with your day until they're fed.

Already looking at the cats protection league website to adopt another friend.
    Very sorry for your loss Rich, looked like a lovely cat.
    Regards Neil

I'm Jez.

Condolences. A cat is member of the family and a friend.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Gary.

Thanks guys.

Just come back in from the local animal refuge where we've been meeting some new friends. Found a timid pair of tortoise shell cats who looked like they'd enjoy it here and a black and grey pair who were also very charming.

Gonna sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.
    Condolences Rich, and
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Rich.

Since losing both our old boys in the space of a year, Mrs B and I decided we wouldn't allow ourselves to get used to used to life without cats in the house and resolved to share our digs with a couple more hard luck cases immediately. So, say hello to Alfie and Rocco (their shelter names) who are currently readjusting to life on the outside having been behind bars since they arrived in the shelter in November.

Both are 2 years old and very close, the black one is male and the grey a female. He's totally chilled and loving life in the warm. She's hyper and enjoying stretching her legs around her new place. There's been too much grief and sadness and shite for too long round here. Time that changed.

+ Reply to Thread