+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Hi Tim, thanks for the explanation of how the volume control works, 3a covers my setup. Barry
    Hi Barry,

I started with the test4 download image and Pi-2B with IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and no issues.

In my experience troubleshooting, whenever the UI behaves really strangely and does not seem to be working correctly, hangs, freezes, does not update, etc. it's almost always due to a bad or corrupt SD Card.

Another potential cause of odd UI behavior is stale Web Browser cache. In other words the Browser is using old pages from its cache instead of new ones from the web server on the Pi. The fix that usually works for this is to (a) clear the Browser cache using whatever option is available in the Browser to do this, or (b) close all instances of the Web browser, this usually resets its cache. Note that Firefox and IE 11 Browsers have been problematic.

Here is procedure I used for testing:

(1) Boot with test4 image
    (2) Set I2S audio device to "IQaudIO Pi-DAC+" (System config page)
    (3) reboot

Verify MPD Hardware volume control

(1) Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" (MPD config page)
    (2) Set Logarithmic curve to "Yes" (Customize popup)
    (3) Move Moode volume knob to 10 then to 0 to establish initial MPD-ALSA volume level of 0
    (4) Verify ALSA volume (%) is 0 on System config page
    (5) Play a radio station, adjust Moode volume knob

Verify MPD Software volume control

(1) Set MPD volume control to "Software"
    (2) Set Moode knob to 0
    (3) Set ALSA volume (%) to 100 (System config page)
    (4) Play a radio station, adjust Moode volume knob

Verify configuration works after reboot

(1) reboot
    (2) Play a radio station, adjust Moode volume knob

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Barry.

Thanks Tim, will try re-doing the sd card when I have a minute.

I'm Barry.

New image did the trick, now up and running

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Alistair,

Glad its working :-)

Btw what DAC are u using?

Regards,
    Tim
    Hi Tim

I've got the hifiberry dac+

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Josie.

Hi.

I'm having some trouble updating Moode with my HDD which is plugged in directly to the Pi.

Using RPi2 B+ IQAUDIO DAC+

Basically, I've simply added a few more albums to my HDD. When I plugged it back in I clicked on USB and Update this folder.

What happened next was simply nothing, the HDD simply kept on whirring away, the light on the HDD showed no data being shared and it eventually spun down. Moode kept on saying 'Updating'.

I've been at this way too long now and can't understand what to do as it's not showing me any error or progress report. The USB folder is still empty too.

Can anyone share with me the best way to update a HDD and how to configure Moode each time I do want to update my music please?

Thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Is it a self powered hdd?...kinda sounds like a power issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi.

I'm having some trouble updating Moode with my HDD which is plugged in directly to the Pi.

Using RPi2 B+ IQAUDIO DAC+

Basically, I've simply added a few more albums to my HDD. When I plugged it back in I clicked on USB and Update this folder.

What happened next was simply nothing, the HDD simply kept on whirring away, the light on the HDD showed no data being shared and it eventually spun down. Moode kept on saying 'Updating'.

I've been at this way too long now and can't understand what to do as it's not showing me any error or progress report. The USB folder is still empty too.

Can anyone share with me the best way to update a HDD and how to configure Moode each time I do want to update my music please?

Thanks
    Hi,

Hot-plugging USB (unfortunately) is not supported. Pi must be powered off:

(1) Moode Menu, Turn off, POWER OFF
    (2) unplug USB drive
    (3) plug into PC and copy files to it
    (4) plug back into Pi
    (5) Power up Pi
    (6) Moode Source config screen, UPDATE MPD DB

An easier way though is to directly access the USB drive while it is plugged into Pi and Moode is running. Moode posts samba (cifs/smb) shares for NAS, SDCARD, USB, USB1, USB2 and USB3 folders.

These should show up in Mac Finder in the Sidebar under Shared, moode. In Windows a drive can be mapped to the share by specifying \\moode\USB as the server. Similarly in Mac Finder, "Go, Connect to server..." specify cifs://moode/USB as the server. If using Linux then u will know how to mount the share :-)

Once connected to the share, you can copy files or folders directly to it, then bring up Moode Source config screen and press UPDATE MPD DB.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post

An easier way though is to directly access the USB drive while it is plugged into Pi and Moode is running. Moode posts samba (cifs/smb) shares for NAS, SDCARD, USB, USB1, USB2 and USB3 folders.

These should show up in Mac Finder in the Sidebar under Shared, moode. In Windows a drive can be mapped to the share by specifying \\moode\USB as the server. Similarly in Mac Finder, "Go, Connect to server..." specify cifs://moode/USB as the server. If using Linux then u will know how to mount the share :-)
    Regards,
    Tim
    thanks for the info Tim - I tried this on my Mac a while back but unfortunately uploading was painfully slow via WiFi so I gave up - do you know of a simple way to do this with a direct wired connection between Pi and Mac (wither USB or ethernet)?

In Volumio I had no problem with hot-plugging my SSD drive but indeed no luck with Moode. The restart method works quite well most of the time (if lengthy) but I still get occasions when Moode won't recognise the drive

I'm Grant.

I just added 3 albums today using the samba method, as I find that convenient and dont have to muck about removing the hd. Takes maybe 90 secs an album tops but wouldnt use the method for many more than 3 ...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Aaaaaah...

Righty-Ho! - Tim, your a starbar!

All updated nicely.

With updating in the future then, should I do this over the network? Thing is, it's reeeeealy slow copying as I'm using Wifi. Would using the Ethernet cable be better?

Thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast