+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW1X LPU I phono stage released

I'm Slawa.

Default SW1X LPU I phono stage released

SW1X LPU I phono stage released

more info can be found here http://sw1xad.co.uk/product/sw1x-lpu-1/

[IMG] [/IMG]
    SW1X Audio DesignTM ... Finest Audio Components ... Designed and Handcrafted in England
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

I'm Slawa.

Default Review of LPU I just published

Greetings,

a review of the new LPU I phono stage has been published. It can be accessed here:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/analog-source-reviews/sw1x-lpu-1-phono-preamplifier/

SW1X Audio DesignTM ... Finest Audio Components ... Designed and Handcrafted in England
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by SW1X View Post
    Greetings,

a review of the new LPU I phono stage has been published. It can be accessed here:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/analog-source-reviews/sw1x-lpu-1-phono-preamplifier/

Congratulations Slawa. The LPU joins the family of other great gear. It almost makes me regret giving up on vinyl until I remember your computer based stuff is just as good.

I'm Slawa.

Thank you, Chris

The sound of vinyl, when reproduced at its best possible glory, has always been my reference for designing the SW1X digital gear.

The LPU I just like the DAC I is our entry performance level 1 product. It is based on a classic circuit design, combined with selected parts and materials it is timeless just like the vinyls is.
    Combined with a decent cart, tonearm and turntable, the LPU I brings the magic of analogue sound- the one that many of us are looking for.

This is the phono stage for those who had enough of constant upgrading and would like just enjoy the sound of vinyl.

S
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

I'm richard.

So glad this made it to production; I really should have come round and heard it !! But redundencies threaten. Oh never mind 😉 still it looks up to your usual high standards and no doubt it sounds great. Good luck with sales !

I'm Slawa.

Default for maximum synergy

Hi Richard,

On very rare occasions I am really satisfied with the way things sound- that is probably the reason as why we keep improving the sound of those classic circuits. The LPU I you heard last time has been improved further by using a different combination of capacitors in order to achieve a more harmonic sound. It took a while to voice all those high voltage caps. In combination with silver wiring, the Kaisei caps tilt the sound into brighter side, making the sound thinner and lighter on the bass. In order to achieve a more balanced sound with more mid- bass and thicker body, I therefore decided to use minimum amount of Kaisei caps in the LPU I circuit.

So, overall the sound is now very balanced, while retaining the lushness, warmth and airness but having more dynamics and bass. The reviewer, Christiaan of HFA apparently likes the result.

Regardless, one needs to choose system components carefully in order to maximise the results. I personally voiced the LPU I on the fully Black Gated Technics SP10 with tangential tracking tonearm, Gerrard 401 with vintage 12" Ortofon tonearm and nude DL103 carts. For maximum synergy, I would strongly recommend to use either idler wheel or direct drive turntables with vintage tonearms and classic carts combined with low capacitance phono cables.
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

I'm richard.

Thanks Slawa.

As i suspected, your LPU1 would outclass my Rega RP3/Ortofon Bronze !. However, did Christiaan of HFA write up his review ? would be interesting to read that.

I'm Slawa.

Dear Richard,

The HFA review can be accessed here:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...-preamplifier/
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread