+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Shaun.

Yeah, speaking of 550's as we were, I used to own a Kawasaki z550 A3 which was a nice attractive silver finish but as with your comments, unless you screwed the nuts off it it was way under powered by today's standards. Years later I had a Yamaha FZR600 and it was massively faster for very little extra cubic capacity. In fact the FZR was stupidly fast. The z550 would top out at around 115mph whereas the FZR would do way over 125mph.

I'm Shaun.

Just reminiscing over motorbikes I remember my first ever was a Honda CG125 bought brand new in 1976 for £325. My second was a year later and was the KH250 two stroke triple which cost £695 again brand new. I sound like my Dad

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    KTM has just launched a new injected 2 stroke fully emmisions compliant.

I reckon the 350 would make for a stonking supermoto conversion!
    Just been reading up on this. The TPi is a nice idea. The air velocity is high in the transfer ports, so I'd expect good fuel atomisation.

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tube View Post
    Ha ha I had a mate who raced an rd350 I was his mechanic for local racing in the Netherlands (hobby) I had to test drive the fully tuned rd 350 in the rain that was the shortest test drive of my life, I got of the bike nad pushed it back that had way to much power to drive on the normal road in the rain, plus it was a two troke so the power cam in suddenly.

My gl650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.
    Favourite music progressive rock.

I'm Geoff.

Not seen one of those for a long time.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd like to know how they've managed that. Bimota were, as far as I can recall, the last company to thow big money at trying to make a clean two stroke, with their 500 V twin and they gave up.
    they got volkswagen to do there emissions testing...sorted

I'm paul.

yamaha rd500 and suzuki gamma 500.....i so looooved two strokes,zuk x7 was a blast to....fell to bits as you rode it,but fun all the same

I'm paul.

My gl650

blimey,i forgot about the good old honda cx...knock knock ,who's there? honda cx
    olde but still a goldey
    great bikes and that looks gorgeous

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    blimey,i forgot about the good old honda cx...knock knock ,who's there? honda cx
    olde but still a goldey
    great bikes and that looks gorgeous
    It’s now on none active in the garage, waiting for better times, hopefully I can service the bike in the spring and put her back on the road.

Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.
    Favourite music progressive rock.

I'm paul.

It’s now on none active in the garage, waiting for better times, hopefully I can service the bike in the spring and put her back on the road.

i only ever had the standard cx500,loved it although it did tend to feel alittle top heavy and dropped into corners,but i certainly covered some miles on it,after doing the camchain mod of course
    as the 650 and turbo models came later im guessing all those glitches got sorted by then.
    heres hoping the good times come to you soon,now service that beast and stick on "purple rain" on the olde turntable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast