+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket.

I'm Grant.

yeah, a few do links to a folder etc. Dropbox, google photos etc as well as the usual suspects. Iphone do a sharing folder so you can use that if you have an ipad or mac. Unfortunately mine are all over place and not filed properly as the ones that were done (most) got crash and burn syndrome and the backup did same 5 days later before I got the replacement ... Never got round to redoing them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't understand why anybody would want to keep their images 'elsewhere' anyway. Mine are on the PC or backed up to CD/DVD or stick. Not stored on some site.
    All mine are on PC and Hard Drive. I joined Photobucket after joining here, and it was suggested as a way of posting pictures, via the IMG link. It saddens me that all the pictures since 2008 ish are now gone, my words still exist, but the pictures are gone. In away PB have killed part of me by doing this, they have also damaged AoS. I do get why they may need to charge regarding linking, but to demand $400 to do so, for a civilian posting on forums is scummy in the extreme. I can't justify that cost, so my photos will remain gone.

I don't trust this virtual world, I store nothing on the Cloud, and this experience with PB has reinforced the complete and utter foolishness of anyone trusting the net, or companies. I will continue to be a Luddite and stay real world and in my control focused as long as I can.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

It's not being a Luddite Neil. It's plain common sense.

The net is an unstable, untrustworthy and fickle thing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I've been using Imgur for a while now for hosting with no problems at all
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    All mine are on PC and Hard Drive. I joined Photobucket after joining here, and it was suggested as a way of posting pictures, via the IMG link. It saddens me that all the pictures since 2008 ish are now gone, my words still exist, but the pictures are gone. In away PB have killed part of me by doing this, they have also damaged AoS. I do get why they may need to charge regarding linking, but to demand $400 to do so, for a civilian posting on forums is scummy in the extreme. I can't justify that cost, so my photos will remain gone.

I don't trust this virtual world, I store nothing on the Cloud, and this experience with PB has reinforced the complete and utter foolishness of anyone trusting the net, or companies. I will continue to be a Luddite and stay real world and in my control focused as long as I can.
    I feel the same way Neil. I have all my photos saved on various pc and hard drives but photobucket was the recommended way of sharing them on here and now that's ferked.

Since I'm not someone with a huge technical knowledge to share here the bulk of my contribution has been to share pics of various get togethers and my own humble systems and music purchases.

I haven't had a lot to contribute here lately due to other distractions and just as I was coming back round to my hifi interests this happens.

I think I give up.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I feel the same way Neil. I have all my photos saved on various pc and hard drives but photobucket was the recommended way of sharing them on here and now that's ferked.

Since I'm not someone with a huge technical knowledge to share here the bulk of my contribution has been to share pics of various get togethers and my own humble systems and music purchases.

I haven't had a lot to contribute here lately due to other distractions and just as I was coming back round to my hifi interests this happens.

I think I give up.
    I feel pretty much the same Rich. Makes me feel not worth posting anything up anymore and I have put quite a lot of stuff on this site over the last few years.

The interface for sharing photos with this site needs to be changed so photos can be directly uploaded to the site from your computer and not a third party! Many other sites do this with ease why not AOS?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I feel pretty much the same Rich. Makes me feel not worth posting anything up anymore and I have put quite a lot of stuff on this site over the last few years.

The interface for sharing photos with this site needs to be changed so photos can be directly uploaded to the site from your computer and not a third party! Many other sites do this with ease why not AOS?
    Are people not using the facility on this forum to upload pictures? You can load a picture directly to the forum

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

I did a walk though for doing that earlier in this thread. It will only show on this site though and through browser not tapatalk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

In my opinion what Photobucket are doing is nothing short of corporate blackmail. They don't own the images - you do, so it should be up to you to do with them what you like.

In some ways what Photobucket is doing can be seen to be little different to criminal hackers with ransomware attacks. I too refuse to pay the $400 ransom Photobucket are charging.

I have written many articles for The Knowledge, and as 'Fount Master' the responsibility to maintain this facility for the benefit of Members is mine. Many, if not most of the images are hosted by Photobucket. The original images taken by me are stored on the hard drive on my PC, but having been downloaded at different times over the last 10 years are in as many folders, along with holiday snaps etc. To re-install them in a 'safe haven' will be a long, tedious and protracted effort - not one which fills me with any enthusiasm.

And as one Member has already stated, the action of Photobucket now makes me reluctant to post here with any regularity, if at all.

Grant, as someone who is a real numpty when it comes to software matters, could you describe in words of one syllable how images stored on my PC can be directly posted here? Thanks.
    Barry

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In my opinion what Photobucket are doing is nothing short of corporate blackmail. They don't own the images - you do, so it should be up to you to do with them what you like.

In some ways what Photobucket is doing can be seen to be little different to criminal hackers with ransomware attacks. I too refuse to pay the $400 ransom Photobucket are charging.

I have written many articles for The Knowledge, and as 'Fount Master' the responsibility to maintain this facility for the benefit of Members is mine. Many, if not most of the images are hosted by Photobucket. The original images taken by me are stored on the hard drive on my PC, but having been downloaded at different times over the last 10 years are in as many folders, along with holiday snaps etc. To re-install them in a 'safe haven' will be a long, tedious and protracted effort - not one which fills me with any enthusiasm.

And as one Member has already stated, the action of Photobucket now makes me reluctant to post here with any regularity, if at all.
    I totally agree with you Barry.
    As soon as it appears my images are being blocked I shall remove every single one from Photobucket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast