+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genius at Work!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think you are being unfair. What's wrong with building your own rocket? if it goes wrong it is only his arse on the line, and he accepts the risks.

I'm all in favour of the individual pushing the boundaries. Why leave it all to the big corps and the governments?
    i totally agree with you,its always great when the" little guy sticks it to the man" and those sort of endeavours should always be encouraged and admired.
    i think its more to do with the rationale of this guy thats the worry....do we really want someone like this building home made rockets that can be used anyway in a back yard...thin line between madness and genius...seems even more blurrier here
    of course that's just my point of view/thoughts on the article,certainly cant take away his achievement and dreams....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    i
    i think its more to do with the rationale of this guy thats the worry....do we really want someone like this building home made rockets that can be used anyway in a back yard...thin line between madness and genius...seems even more blurrier here
    :
    Well he is in the Mohave desert, which is fairly large as back yards go. It's big enough that they were happy to detonate atomic weapons there in the 1950s. I've got a photograph somewhere taken on Fremont Street in Las Vegas which shows a mushroom cloud towering over the buildings. Compared to that, what this bloke is doing is pretty safe and sane.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread