+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advise please: phono stage?

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    I'm assuming the lower DIP switch is the one to set...if so then gain is set to 43dB, impedance to 47k ohm, and capacitance to 100pF. The capacitance would be worth trying - initially just change switch number 7 to UP instead of DOWN (remember to switch phono stage off before adjusting).
    Thanks - should I try switching the no7 switch on both panel of switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    I have a Tube Box S, and I couldn't be happier with it...

What type of cartridge is yours MM or MC, or high output MC?

I just set mine to the default example provided in the manual for my type of cartridge which is a high output MC?

Dip switch 1 turned on would suggest your cartridge is a low output MC
    It's a nagoaka 150 mm - the Hifi shop set up the Pre amp....

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colinijohnson View Post
    Thanks - should I try switching the no7 switch on both panel of switches?

The bottom one, and looking at it again, man those switches are like optical illusions, yours is currently set for 40 dB gain, 47k ohm impedance, and 200pF.

First thing I would try is to move switch 7 down which will give 100pF.

MM cartridges can be very sensitive to capacitance
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Colin.

Thank you - I'll try that when I get back - Colin

I'm Colin.

Just to confirm - sorry, do I try switching both "no 7" switches down? I presumed the panels are for left & right channels.

I'm Grant.

You should do both sides the same, yes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

According to that pic you have 40 db set at moment
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Thank you - so I've just got to try switching no 7 down

I'm Grant.

In that pic it should go to left. Just one value on the other 2 off or to right. Same with resistance. 47k on other two off. Left is on and right is off
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast