View Poll Results: Do cables make a difference to your listening experience.

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nearly Always

51 63.75%
  • Sometimes

20 25.00%
  • Never

9 11.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do cables make a difference to your listening experience.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    No definitely not. The answer you were waiting for from the person you were expecting it from
    Have you ever tried an interconnect that wasn't one of the crappy white/red things you get for free with a midi system?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robert.

No definitely not. The answer you were waiting for from the person you were expecting it from
    Oatex or ear syringe fella

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    If you press the 3 dots at top right and select web view it,ll show up oliver
    Ill try that, thank Grant.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Have you ever tried an interconnect that wasn't one of the crappy white/red things you get for free with a midi system?
    As I'm "not allowed" to argue my POV with the same force as those who do believe cables make a difference it's a subject I won't discuss beyond making sweeping statements that they don't make a difference. If, as expected, 90% of people say they make a difference this will have zero effect on my standpoint and my response would be that 90% are wrong.... I will not be replying to any further comments in this thread.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Martin.

As I'm "not allowed" to argue my POV with the same force as those who do believe cables make a difference it's a subject I won't discuss beyond making sweeping statements that they don't make a difference. If, as expected, 90% of people say they make a difference this will have zero effect on my standpoint and my response would be that 90% are wrong.... I will not be replying to any further comments in this thread.
    I was just interested in whether you had done the subjective comparison or not, that's all.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

(title could do with a rethink though)
    With Geoff on this. Cables make a difference to my listening experience, no. Do cables make a difference in my systems, yes.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Dennis.

I will never forget the dire effect that Kimber 8TC had on my ESSs - an absolutely terrible loss of top and increased boomy bass - cannot fathom what went on.

I'm Shaun.

Cables have made a considerable difference in my system

I'm Shaun.

In response to others who have posted here and clearly do not know how to listen, when I change cables in my system, my partner Sue and I can hear a clear difference. The difference we hear is as clear as crystal and the equivalent to a cartridge change.

I'm Martin.

Some years ago now I did a back to back comparison with 8 different cables. My favourite was the one I use now NVA SSC. My least favourite was a studio cable, a white van damme effort. I rated this worse than the freebie cables which came in seventh.

A few months back when there was a cable discussion going on I swapped the van damme back in just to see how bad it was. It was still less preferable to the NVA but the difference that I had recalled as being substantial was now barely audible. It was still there but nothing like as much as I recalled. And there were 6 other cables in between those two! Made me think.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast