+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power Supply options for RPI

I'm Josie.

Just ask Nick to make you one so it's not branded.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by richie60 View Post
    I've just put together a Raspberry pi streamer coupled to an Audiophonics v2 DAC. What's the consensus on power supplies?

At the moment I'm using the standard Pi supply, but not sure whether to go for the Audiophonics low noise LPS or the ifi ipower.

Any thoughts?
    Just bumping this thread.

@richie60
    Did you buy a new PSU for your Pi?

I'm still toying with the idea of an ipower...

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post

@richie60

I have a very nice linear one for sale if you are interested?

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Richard.

@richie60

Not yet, I've left it on the backburner for now.

I'm Paul.

What’s the power draw? If you can find a big enough power bank thing, put that between the wall wart and the pi. Just done it with my chromecast and it seems to have improved things
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Luke.

A new low noise SMPS in the pipeline from Allo, 5v3a I think, should be interesting to see how it pans out...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power...st5118917.html

I'm Luke.

I've just tried my Pi + Allo Boss set up with a very cheap 5v power bank. I was skeptical that I would hear any difference, but the improvement was very noticeable. I went back to the switching power supply just to check, listening to the same well known track each time. Basically better definition/separation between the instruments.

For example, a piano track with a long low note using the sustain peddle - on the battery I noticed that it went on for longer than I had previously known before fading out. Going back to the SMPS, I could sort of tell that it was still there, but it was more difficult to detect (plus I knew that it should be there, so was listening extra hard for it!). I guess this is about a lower noise floor with the battery?

Anyhow, my question is for those using batteries - what is the most convenient way of doing this? Is there any way to avoid buying two battery packs and constantly recharging them/swapping them over? Can you permanently charge whilst using it to power the pi? If so, would that negatively impact on audio quality?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be very welcome at this point!

I'm Grant.

Think it depends on how much you use it and if you switch off after use. Ive been using a. Battery pack with my pi for almost ever. I have a charger with cable that I just plug into the pi when the % goes below 60 ish It's a 20k battery with a dig % output so easy to keep track of
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Thanks Grant. Do you turn the pi off after each use? How often do you have to disconnect the battery to recharge, and how long is it to fully charge, roughly?

I'm Grant.

Thanks Grant. Do you turn the pi off after each use? How often do you have to disconnect the battery to recharge, and how long is it to fully charge, roughly?
    yes i power it down then switch off battery. I have an inline switch made up with micro plugs on so i just flick a switch. then charge can take a couple of hrs from 70 say. its a big battery . got it off amazon... they do bigger and newer ones now so ay well charge quicker.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast