+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldring Lenco GL75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm James.

I have a few other mats I will try but believe the original works well, might be because its ribbed?

Switched it on tonight and only have the very faintest noise coming from the motor/bearing, pretty good after 30 years in a garage without use.

The original Shure cartridge even plays a few tunes without disgracing itself. Anyone got good ideas for a replacement that works well with the original arm?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have a few other mats I will try but believe the original works well, might be because its ribbed?

Switched it on tonight and only have the very faintest noise coming from the motor/bearing, pretty good after 30 years in a garage without use.

The original Shure cartridge even plays a few tunes without disgracing itself. Anyone got good ideas for a replacement that works well with the original arm?

Denon DL-110 is not too demanding, sounds nice and should work OK in the L75 arm, long as it's all done up tight.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Denon DL-110 is not too demanding, sounds nice and should work OK in the L75 arm, long as it's all done up tight.
    I am going to replace the V Blocks and give it a thorough going over before I strap another cartridge in. Just want to try it in stock form at its best before I do anything drastic as I have been assured that the arm isn't as bad as some people make out before they rip it off and replace it.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread