+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hi Fi plans , Whats yours ?

I'm Lee.

I'm tempted to get a Audionote Jinro next, always fancied one, couldn't afford to buy a new one and would take some serious saving of the old pennies to get one
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Phil.

aiming to get a dedicated sacd player and move away from cd transport /dac model . it gets rather expensive trying to upgrade dacs these days !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    aiming to get a dedicated sacd player and move away from cd transport /dac model . it gets rather expensive trying to upgrade dacs these days !!
    Assume you'll keep the DAC / transport though due to SACD limited catalogue? Am not even convinced it's a better format than good redbook / CD, and then at the contentious 24bit / 96kHz (I think the masterings are different in themselves to 16/44.1) you're hitting the same measurements as SACD albeit with heavier handed methods than massive oversampling of SACD / DSD.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Steven.

Sell almost all my hifi. Just put down a deposit for a Devialet ex-demo from a main dealer (40% discount), will be upgraded to the new 250 Pro and there is a free UnPnP/DNLA upgrade for 2016 upgrade orders. Going to the store to sort that tomorrow.

So will be able to sell monoblocks, phono amp, passive pre-amp, DAC, streamer, its external PSU and loads of cables. Thats 7 boxes to get rid of, replaced by a wedge of aluminium. That will leave me with a turntable, its external 33/45 power supply and a P3 power plant. With a bit of luck the whole thing will be a cash neutral change.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Geoff.

Yup. Sell everything. Mind you, the wife is scrap value only.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Hifi put on the backburner for a few months whilst updating the AV system following a comment from my son that the system was so last decade-cheeky bugger.
    That's the same ploy me and my brothers would use to get our dad to upgrade the telly too. Good to see some things never change. He never needed much convincing either.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Assume you'll keep the DAC / transport though due to SACD limited catalogue? Am not even convinced it's a better format than good redbook / CD, and then at the contentious 24bit / 96kHz (I think the masterings are different in themselves to 16/44.1) you're hitting the same measurements as SACD albeit with heavier handed methods than massive oversampling of SACD / DSD.
    yes good point but got to try it I think . certainly keeping the dac which has been very versatile [bc 3.5vbs]
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Peter.

Think I'm returning to valves again in 2017.
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yup. Sell everything. Mind you, the wife is scrap value only.
    She's priceless. With a Devialet she might be able to use it, it frustrates her she doesn't know how the hifi works as she always likes to have music on in the house, or R4.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by macvisual View Post
    Think I'm returning to valves again in 2017.
    A good call that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast