View Poll Results: How do you rate this album?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

0 0%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

0 0%
  • 5/10

0 0%
  • 6/10

1 12.50%
  • 7/10

1 12.50%
  • 8/10

1 12.50%
  • 9/10

3 37.50%
  • 10/10

2 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club, March 2017: Van Morrison, Lonnie Donnegan - 'The Skiffle Sessions'

I'm John.

I love this LP. I saw Van on this tour in Cardiff , I seem to remember. Great choice. 9/10

Van has normally chosen excellent artists to collaborate with - Lonnie Donnegan, Georgie Fame, John Lee Hooker, Dr John, The Chieftens (Irish Heartbeat is a cracking LP), Brian Kennedy, Roger Waters.......oh and Cliff Richard (?)
    Check out his 2015 LP of Duets, there's some good tracks, he's still got it.

This LP also reminds me that I managed to get 3 of my kids along to see Lonnie Donnegan over a couple of concerts in the last years before he left us in 2002. A true legend in my opinion.

Nice one.

John
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Grant.

Seems to have died a death this ..quick bump
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Loz.

I'm a bit late getting to listen to this one. I quite enjoyed it as a one off, however it's just not my cup of tea really. Well not yet it isn't. My tastes are changing as I get older so who knows. As always thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Grant.

No bother Loz. All reasoned reviews welcome. Its not my everyday listening, but i go through phases. I like all the participants thus when they get together it has to be fun. What a nice jam is about.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No bother Loz. All reasoned reviews welcome. Its not my everyday listening, but i go through phases. I like all the participants thus when they get together it has to be fun. What a nice jam is about.
    Yeah it's clear to hear they're all having a good time. I dare say it'd be better to see live.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Late to the party as usual, but since I already own this recording I didn't need to listen to it here.

Just played it now and love it: a bunch of old (but respected) 'rockers' getting together and having a good time. Yes it would have been great to have been at the concert, but this is the next best thing.

10/10 from me.

Nice one Grant.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Cheers. Glad a few folk listened and enjoyed it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12