+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

I'm Grant.

if you had my life you'd wish you were back living your own The grass often seems greener, but quite often it isn't, its just paint and paper.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

None of us really knows what it is like to be in another's life.

What we see in their expressions is composed of (an often repressed or overidden) repose expression which reveals more of the true self, but more often the persona, which is a construction with which we address and deal with the world.

Very surprising reveals are to be found sometimes in the former, when people are off guard.

One of the great poets stated, and it was echoed by P. Fl. that the English live in quiet desperation.

I'm Dan.

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in on this thread i have a possible favour to ask - I can buy a pair of Spares or repair Ditton 15 XR's and was wondering would anyone on this would like to pop to Brighton to collect them for me? Their £20 - one of the ABR has been destroyed - are these the same as the early 15's as theirs a pair on eBay i might be able to buy just one off - they would also need to be bought to bournemouth of course - possible fuel cover cost too?
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Geoff.

The ABR on the early model is different. There are two options if you do buy them. Wait until the correct ABR turns up. Or, remove both and blank off the openings, using a reflex port of suitable dimensions in the blank. Dead easy and it'll work. An ABR does basically the same job as a port.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

possible fuel costs! id say thats a given lol.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    possible fuel costs! id say thats a given lol.
    Could you Help?
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm jamie.

sorry dan,too far for me.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Paul.

Dan, it's not that far.
    Just make a day of it on the weekend.
    Set off nice and early from Bournemouth and you could be there in two hours.
    I've got a mate who lives in Lewes - the other side of Brighton - and I've driven back in 1hr 10m before.
    If you leave about 7am on a Saturday or Sunday there'll be next to no traffic and you can zoom across the south coast. Drop the missus off for some boutique shopping in The Lanes, go pick up your stuff, meet for a seafront fish and chips lunch, get assaulted by dog-sized gulls, run for cover, jump in the car and head home for final score
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_F View Post
    Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.
    Hi rick, let me know if you are still interested in meeting up. I'm akways interested just in meeting people very local, who are into hi fi. Simon

I'm Paul.

Hello Simon,

I am just near Haywards Heath if you would like to visit you are welcome.. What music do you like though?

Best Regards, Paul
    Z:Axis Audio
    British made Cabling and High End Audio Support Systems and the New 'Symetrica' balanced Power Supply.

UK Distributor for Concert Fidelity Inc Japan & Aidas Audio Phono Cartridges
    UK supplier for: Z:Axis Audio; Concert Fidelity

Personal System:
    Mains - Symetrica by Z:Axis Audio - A game changer!
    CD Transport - Ayon CD-T2
    DAC - Ayon Stratos Refrence
    TT - Sony TTS 8000 /SAEC WE 506/30 / Aidas MC Cartridges
    Phonostage - RCM Audio Theriaa & Sensor2
    Pre - Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 & CLS050 Hybrid valve/SS ultra short signal path technology.
    Power - Concert Fidelity ZL-200 Mono's.
    Loudspeakers - Franco Serblin Ktema.
    Support System - Z:Axis Audio Grand Mirage 98.8
    Cabling - All our own; Z:Axis B52 Reference, Infinity Reference Digital, Livewire Loudspeaker & Xer0 Power Cabling.

Demonstration sessions welcome by appointment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast