+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A visit to Marco's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yesh... But only if it involves a 'square go' in the playground

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

Nice write up and pics there guys.

Any chance of getting the AIR to the next NEBO?
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Alan.

Zoidberg has a loan unit at the moment so quite possible

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Zoidberg has a loan unit at the moment so quite possible
    Due to post the air onwards early next week (just need to go back through the thread and check who it's on to next).

Sounded good even with my very modest pre amp and im sure it would have really sung given a something better suited to it.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mike.

(Only the box so far, build same as KIN phono)
    Hi Alan,

It's funny you have added this to the 'range' I was going to pm you the other day to see if you would build a stage based on the KIN phono element and there it is lol. I must be psychic.

The MM/MC switching would be something I would want so that was one of the reasons I was going to enquire. Plus you mentioning that the KIN stage was a step up again from the Firebottle 2 which really piqued my interest.

I have two questions, cost and does it come with a silver fascia?

Mike.

I'm Alan.

Ah well this is all rather harmonious.

The target price is £1K. The case actually comes in all silver so I have had the front and back black anodised so I can have prominent engraving.

Will have to think of an alternative finish that still has the impact. I will enquire about flooded engraving, so it would be black lettering on silver.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Kevin.

That would be good.

It look like a quality case.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Ah well this is all rather harmonious.

The target price is £1K. The case actually comes in all silver so I have had the front and back black anodised so I can have prominent engraving.

Will have to think of an alternative finish that still has the impact. I will enquire about flooded engraving, so it would be black lettering on silver.

Sounds promising, I'd be happy with plain silver with just the etching

I'll ask any other questions via pm save taking this thread off on a tangent

Mike.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would prefer a plain black case, without the ostentatious and upwards inflective "Vivant" .
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I thought you'd like one with the inscription 'Bon Vivant'....?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast