+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MCRU Phonostage Bake-Off - Huddersfield 06/08/17

I'm Karl.

Nice comparison oliver...
    Did you use your OTP with the bursons in or the op amps that Alan supplies??
    Im thinking for an extra 60 quid i may ask Alan if its possible to sling some in mine while its back with him for the upgrades so its the best it can be upon return.
    Or is there not much in it?
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Are they - where?
    Everywhere else mate. Mainly Audio Talk.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Nice comparison oliver...
    Did you use your OTP with the bursons in or the op amps that Alan supplies??
    Im thinking for an extra 60 quid i may ask Alan if its possible to sling some in mine while its back with him for the upgrades so its the best it can be upon return.
    Or is there not much in it?
    He used the standard ones. In my opinion the Bursons raise its game. I don't want you to spend £60 on my opinion though! I have them in mine and I like them.

I'm Karl.

I don't think 60quid is that much of an issue realy if it adds a bit more. Il have a word with alan and if he also thinks they were slightly better than I will see if he will go for it... the way I see it is if I'm sending it all the way back then I may aswell get it returned in the best possible performance it can be as my speakers and amp are next on the list for upgrade.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I don't think 60quid is that much of an issue realy if it adds a bit more. Il have a word with alan and if he also thinks they were slightly better than I will see if he will go for it... the way I see it is if I'm sending it all the way back then I may aswell get it returned in the best possible performance it can be as my speakers and amp are next on the list for upgrade.
    Seems a sensible approach to me!

Bigman80 Guest

Where have my posts gone?

I'm Martin.

What posts?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

I posted that I rated the NVA 2 highly in a separate bit and it's gone?

I'm Martin.

There are no deleted posts on this thread, so I don't know what happened there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There are no deleted posts on this thread, so I don't know what happened there.
    Ha, my mistake, Macca. I found it lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast