+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Shure carts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The best universal 75 era body is the humble M75-6S type with metal mounting bracket, as this body takes all the 75's, 91's, 93E and I think the 70 models too (no plastic to cut away).
    Yes. I've got one. With a very rare NOS Goldring M75E stylus fitted. And yes, Goldring did make replacement styli for Shure cartridges. Very high quality ones too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. I've got one. With a very rare NOS Goldring M75E stylus fitted. And yes, Goldring did make replacement styli for Shure cartridges. Very high quality ones too.
    I have got 2 Shure M75-6S bodies that came on ADC /HMV / BSR decks and I love them both . Very versatile and musical to me ,so I resist the hunt for the Holy Grail by constantly sampling other Shure offerings (mind you I,m tight!!!)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

I do like and use (some) older Shures, but have to admit, my favourite non MC cartridges aside from Deccas are good ADC's. Sorry about that!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I do like and use (some) older Shures, but have to admit, my favourite non MC cartridges aside from Deccas are good ADC's. Sorry about that!
    The only Shures I have now are a couple of M55Es. Still prefer my ADCs (25 and 10E IV) and my AKG (P8ES). Oh - and Deccas of course!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread