+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Solid Missing Link Feet

I'm Michael.

Default Something Solid Missing Link Feet

Anyone out there tried any of these products. They're a range of products that are supposed to decouple your speakers/racks etc.
    http://www.decoaudio.com/deco_audio_feet.html
    Townsend Audio have some similar products at much higher prices and get good reviews from the press generally.

I'm brian.

Yes, had these a few years now on my shan shimna stand mounts and they are really superb !. Gives the sound more sweetness and realism
    and as the blurb says open s everything up better increasing soundstage space. Me thinks one of the best ways to spend a few hundred quid
    for a really lovely upgrade. Spoke to Peter at deco about these on the phone and he mentioned if they advertised these feet too much then
    Mark the designer would have a job coping with demand ?. Maybe not the best way to grow a business perhaps but it must suit them to
    operate as such. Recommended

I'm Dave.

I've been selling and using the SS feet for many years and they are excellent. Expensive but a fraction of the cost of others which purport to do the same thing.

I'm Neil.

Something Solid know what they're doing...

Am a huge fan of their stands, using the SL24s myself.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Something Solid know what they're doing...
    They certainly do! Been using their XR equipment stand for many years, and never found anything more effective. Also, the XF speaker stands are a perfect match for Harbeth speakers ime. Excellent products.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Yes, had these a few years now on my shan shimna stand mounts and they are really superb !. Gives the sound more sweetness and realism
    and as the blurb says open s everything up better increasing soundstage space. Me thinks one of the best ways to spend a few hundred quid
    for a really lovely upgrade. Spoke to Peter at deco about these on the phone and he mentioned if they advertised these feet too much then
    Mark the designer would have a job coping with demand ?. Maybe not the best way to grow a business perhaps but it must suit them to
    operate as such. Recommended
    Wow Shan Shimna's. That is a real blast from the past. I knew the guys behind those. Only thing don't ever drop them, they don't dent they explode into pieces. That polymer material is a good damper but its fragile.
    Regards Neil

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Wow Shan Shimna's. That is a real blast from the past. I knew the guys behind those. Only thing don't ever drop them, they don't dent they explode into pieces. That polymer material is a good damper but its fragile.
    The staff at k. j West in London told me the same Neil they had a shipment from N. Ireland that fell over and smashed into bits on the journey over. I know the guy that designed these
    ( david wilson ? ) was working on a f/ stander made from the same material but then they suddenly disappeared from the scene . I also have the stands made from the same material
    which really improves the sound by some way especially with the missing feet added on, clarity is remarkable with these speakers. Anyway nice to hear from someone who s at least heard of them Neil !
    Sorry for the diversion Michael, I hope my earlier reply was of some use though ?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I've known Something Solid products for nigh on twenty years now and they're all carefully thought out and listened to before being brought to market. If the ideas don't work in practise, they're abandoned. His speaker stands and racks are really good too and aren't as visually intrusive as many can be in my experience.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    The staff at k. j West in London told me the same Neil they had a shipment from N. Ireland that fell over and smashed into bits on the journey over. I know the guy that designed these
    ( david wilson ? ) was working on a f/ stander made from the same material but then they suddenly disappeared from the scene . I also have the stands made from the same material
    which really improves the sound by some way especially with the missing feet added on, clarity is remarkable with these speakers. Anyway nice to hear from someone who s at least heard of them Neil !
    Sorry for the diversion Michael, I hope my earlier reply was of some use though ?
    Yes David Wilson was responsible, there was a partnership with Audio Dimensions another local small trader making speaker stands and distributing a few brands such as Kylne. I am not sure exactly what happened but it did vanish nearly overnight. I think David went to work with another local audio related company but I have no idea what happened.

The isolation platforms were nice too and I have the top plates and bottom parts of an exploded stand that I use for small item isolation.

Seems such a long time ago. They were nice speakers and imaged well, doing a vanishing act. The last runs of these had speaker grills as I recall, early ones were sans a grill.
    Regards Neil

I'm brian.

Yeah, you can never work out where the sounds coming from with these speakers, sometimes on orchestral music it appears to be
    from behind the back wall and thats with them placed in the middle of the room.! Paid £ 285 for em in around 93, so it was some while ago
    now !. Shame the concrete idea never took off, too expensive I guess for manufacture s. As a matter of interests I still have reviews from
    Gold, Mess, and malcolm Steward who in particular really loved these speakers ( sad to hear about his health btw ). best wishes
    p. s always enjoy your work on tuner discussions Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast