+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many folk now use streaming and have sold all their other audio equipment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Pavel.

A true classic. I wanted to get one, but was put off by horror stories about shipping: apparently those Brauns don’t travel well because of fluid-damped suspension.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    A true classic. I wanted to get one, but was put off by horror stories about shipping: apparently those Brauns don’t travel well because of fluid-damped suspension.
    Can imaging shipping is very pricey - they weigh a ton !! The fluid damping is fairly robust though, mine has had some fairly rough treatment during the many moves I've made since first getting it but the suspension has outlived it all. I had it open about a year or two ago (to repair the string ...) and noticed there had been a very slight leak from one of the chambers. I tightened up the circlip and last time I looked (a few months back) it seemed OK. The suspension is one of the best things of this deck and another design aspect testifying to the genius of Dieter Rams so I'm hoping it lasts me out

Could go on about the deck for ages but conscious this might be thread crap .... might start a new one instead.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    You have PM

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    You have PM
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread