+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joror's DIY Audio projects

I'm Georgi.

Default Joror's DIY Audio projects

I will start the presentation with one project, which is in the initial phase, but has undergone several conceptual changes-"J&N"-2.
    In order to save your time, I will allow myself a clarification:
    -Everything in this project- idea, design the filters and the overall workmanship of the cabinets to the last detail was done by my hands.Not used "CNC" machine and 3D program.
    First option:
    I started with measurement simulations;
    N-1 graph characteristics of the speaker without filter,we have a peak of 106 dB. N-2 graph shows the transfer characteristic of the filter in the frequency band 50-100 Hz is above the 0 dB level. It is useful to understand why in the passive filter the transmission ratio is greater than one? The answer to this question is given by a comparison of the input resistances . The minimum value of the input resistance of the speakers with filters (red curve) at a frequency of 90 Hz is 3.2 ohms. This is an acceptable value. If I select the cutoff frequency of the filter below, for example 200Hz, the input resistance will decrease to about 2 ohms. This will be too much load on the amplifier. The costs of creating or acquiring such an amplifier will be unacceptably high. A decrease in volume will also lead to a decrease in the input resistance, but to a lesser extent.
    N-3 graph shows the sound pressure of 90dB of two W26FX001 speakers with a filter at an input voltage of 2.83V. It's not hard to guess that if we simulate the filter for the W18EX001 speaker, we will get a sound pressure of no more than 86 dB at an input voltage of 2.83 V. If we remain in the concept of building an AS with filters on passive elements, we will have to reconsider the choice of the mid-frequency dynamics, or to refuse 1 woofer speakers- W26FX001.

I've exhausted the attachment limit, I will continue ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Georgi.

My final choice is:

I'm Georgi.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    It's a very ambitious project, so you have my admiration for thinking big.
    One thing though - amplifiers produce less distortion when the impedance is high, so I would avoid letting the impedance drop too low.
    Thanks!
    Actually I was considering the option: 1 x 26 FX001, 1х 22 FX001, 1x 18 FX001, T 25 CF002 - "SEAS- EXCEL", for the reason you have indicated.
    This is still an initial stage......more pictures;

I'm Paul.

I think that we can say that this is a well braced cabinet...

Very nice ��
    ~Paul~

I'm Georgi.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I think that we can say that this is a well braced cabinet...

Very nice ��
    Thank you!
    Two last photos of this project;
    I will present you an one my older project;

I'm Martin.

They look spectacular. You were not tempted to get the bass lower than 40Hz or is there matching subwoofers on the cards?

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Artur.

Quote Originally Posted by jororaitchev View Post
    Thank you!
    Two last photos of this project;
    I will present you an one my older project;
    Wow

I'm Georgi.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They look spectacular. You were not tempted to get the bass lower than 40Hz or is there matching subwoofers on the cards?

Thank you !
    The technical characteristics of this project:
    The loudspeakers are "SEAS"- Excel / Tw-1”, Mw-5”for center 2х 5.5”,Bass-8,5”/ and cross-over parts- "Intertechnik".
    Nominal impedance- 8 OhFreguency Range 30Hz-20kHz.
    Characterstic Sensitivity(2,83V/1m)- 87db
    Long Term-110W.

I'm Dennis.

That is a serious commitment to construction there Georgi, and without the use of computer a lot of arduous work to produce high tolerances in the woodwork matrix.

I'm Georgi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    That is a serious commitment to construction there Georgi, and without the use of computer a lot of arduous work to produce high tolerances in the woodwork matrix.
    When you are obsessed with the idea of "DIY", all the difficulties do not matter. The best results are obtained when "DIY" is not only a hobby but also a profession, but this is known to everyone, sorry for the cliché!
    Perhaps you will be interested in how I did this project, maybe not? So, let's start;
    First i did this "home-matrix";
    Last edited by jororaitchev; 27-03-2018 at 07:55.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast