+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft pre advice

I'm Lawrence.

Default Croft pre advice

Ok, I was supposed to be stopping buying stuff but I keep seeing things come up I've always wanted to try.. in this case, I've wanted an octal base pre amp for a while, and have noticed there are some fans of Glenn's designs on here, so when I saw this I just had to go for it. The question is, have I bought a duffer or is it one of the good 'uns? I thought it's worth a punt at the price being boxed in mint condition, surely a rarity these days. I'm hoping the unknown fitted valves will be nice, failing that, some rolling is on the cards.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...lifier.215013/

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I can't say I've heard of any "duffers" from Croft. Some are less brilliant though, but all decent as far as I'm aware. Don't see that you can go wrong really.

Bigman80 Guest

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Oliver I saw that, it mentioned the Super Micro (non A) is the sweet spot in the range. I'm hoping that mine is something like the Epoch Elite that has some serious fans on here.

Last edited by Lawrence001; 02-05-2018 at 09:52.

Bigman80 Guest

I've only heard a couple of Croft pieces and liked both. One is Jimbos 25 pre and power 7's and the other was a epoch phono stage (i think) belonging to MixC. Both had that Croft house sound so I don't think youre gonna regret buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks Oliver I saw that, it mentioned the Super Micro is the sweet spot in the range. I'm hoping that this is something like the Epoch Elite that has some series fans on here.

+ Reply to Thread