+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jordan Eikona 2 Driver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Ian.

Hi Colin,
    You are of course right about the apparently larger magnet assembly on the JX92S, apologies for my misinformation. I was using a World Designs KEL84 with my older Jordans and this worked well despite the low 15 watts available. However, I suspected the WD was a little underpowered for the slightly less efficient Eikonas so have recently switched to a Leema Acoustics Pulse and the extra power available (80 watts) has improved things considerably. Yesterday I had a friend round who also has the JX92's at home and he went off muttering about raising the money for a pair of Eikonas - enough said.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Colin,
    You are of course right about the apparently larger magnet assembly on the JX92S, apologies for my misinformation. I was using a World Designs KEL84 with my older Jordans and this worked well despite the low 15 watts available. However, I suspected the WD was a little underpowered for the slightly less efficient Eikonas so have recently switched to a Leema Acoustics Pulse and the extra power available (80 watts) has improved things considerably. Yesterday I had a friend round who also has the JX92's at home and he went off muttering about raising the money for a pair of Eikonas - enough said.
    Hi Ian - I believe our friend has EAD E100 drive units, which I remember sounding different to my JX92 although his drive units were quite new when I heard them.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Colin, Yesterday I had a friend round who also has the JX92's at home and he went off muttering about raising the money for a pair of Eikonas - enough said.
    Was I really muttering Ian?

Listening to your Eikonas has galvenised me into putting the Jimi Chang speakers back into my system and I'm wondering why I ever took them out?

Malcolm, you are correct I'm using EAD's take on the JX92, the E100.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread