+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6J1 Pre-amp modifications (hum removal)

I'm Nathan.

I'm sure I've got some lying around that will work. I just looked, and you can order 100 of both kinds from China for $3.50. I should order one of the full kits, and build a second with the components I have and see if there is any difference.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I'm sure I've got some lying around that will work. I just looked, and you can order 100 of both kinds from China for $3.50. I should order one of the full kits, and build a second with the components I have and see if there is any difference.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    I like that idea.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I like that idea.

I can get the kit in a week and have that finished before the boards get here most likely. I never know how long stuff is going to take to show up from China. It could be a week or a month.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I can get the kit in a week and have that finished before the boards get here most likely. I never know how long stuff is going to take to show up from China. It could be a week or a month.
    Keep us posted, might be a little money spinner in it for you and Alan. You never know !!!!

I'm Nathan.

I will. I'm doing it more out of curiosity than anything, not for money. Tinkering with different stuff is usually what gives me new ideas to try. This might keep me from destroying every valve reel to reel I come across.

I'm john.

If with a few component's changes it's a pre. Then its a buffer, can it be easily changed into a phono pre? electrical trickery is not my strong point but I've seen the same valves in the little bear I think. Or is that a totally different circuit? Just wondering.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Tell us how it sounds on your CD player Alan.
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.

I have tried a couple of lower ranking CD players, Philips CD-610-II and CD-713.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.

I have tried a couple of lower ranking CD players, Philips CD-610-II and CD-713.
    Is that what you hoped for or not?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    If with a few component's changes it's a pre. Then its a buffer, can it be easily changed into a phono pre? electrical trickery is not my strong point but I've seen the same valves in the little bear I think. Or is that a totally different circuit? Just wondering.
    It's quite a bit different. It could be done but you'd be better off starting with a kit designed to be a phono pre. There are plenty of those too.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Not entirely surprising Alan. I had more or less the same result with the Chinese Yaqin valve buffer stage.

The Musical Fidelity X10-D I use is a different story though. That's the first model, the cylindical unit. It works! It adds a lucidity and ambience. False? Maybe, but the effect is rather good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast