+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yello-Toy

I'm Adrian.

Toy is a fabulous album, as is Touch - but Convergence is simply stunning on vinyl - I play it every listening session. Truly sublime.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm James.

Glad I bought Convergence on vinyl too as it is a stunning album especially the production. I believe Mr Blank is one of the very best producers out there. I have listened to much of his material on a high end digital system and no one can better him on dynamic awesome electronic production. Much of his work especially some of "Electrified" is simply stunning music production and a benchmark for what can be done with electronic music in the studio.

Took me a bit of time to get my head round Toy which actually refers to his studio and recording equipment I believe. However there is some superb material on this album especially his work with Fifi Rong, I hope he works with her again as has done with Malia!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Loz.

I have to say Yello are one band that have escaped my attention. Maybe now is the time to check them out. What would be a good starting point folks?

I'm Adrian.

All their albums are superb for production but has a slightly different flavour. Their later albums are maybe a little less 'quirky' but prices are ridiculous. I'm looking for Electrified but it's going for £600 which is a lot of albums by other artists.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm James.

Wish I had bought Touch on vinyl, sadly now astronomically expensive. Also recommend Flag, this maybe still available at a reasonable price.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Adrian.

I managed to get Touch and Convergence before they shot up. On my wish list is Electrified and Pocket Universe.

Most other albums are now available on reissue, such as Flag.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm James.

A friend of mine did the launch for Electrified on vinyl down in London and met Mr Blank, lucky chap. It was quite an interesting event I believe as there were about 200 folk in a room including Mr Blank not expecting anything extraordinary from vinyl but my mate had other ideas and unleashed 'One Minute to go' from the album which made the whole room turn round I think with jaws dropped!

KEF blades used in anger are not for the feint hearted!

I'm Graham.

I wish they would re release some of their earlier LP's,I missed everything from The Race until Touch,managed to get used copies of most,but had to resort to CD's for many.Having heard Baby on vinyl some years back,did a search but the prices were mad.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    I wish they would re release some of their earlier LP's,I missed everything from The Race until Touch,managed to get used copies of most,but had to resort to CD's for many.Having heard Baby on vinyl some years back,did a search but the prices were mad.
    They may well be re released as Flag has been on MOV label. I will be buying Touch for sure if it is back out on vinyl.
    I think what happened with Convergence is the HIFI shows picked up on how superb the production was and of course the music and sales quickly evaporated the limited stock on vinyl. I think the same may happen to Toy as production is amazing and some of the tracks are stunning.

I really would have liked Electrified on vinyl - this is mind and system blowing stuff. Heard some tracks the other night albeit via digital and it was simply awesome!

I'm Alan.

I've got mine on order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast