+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White lettering on black front panel - suggestions

I'm Al.

Default White lettering on black front panel - suggestions

Building a DAC and have a Modushop case to house it, the front panel is a 10 mm Aluminium panel anodised black. I'm just wanting to add the DAC name (DDDAC) in about 5mm high letters so any suggestions of how to do that without having to send it to an engraver are appreciated.

Letraset etc. are probably a non starter unless they can be applied without showing the clear border that you can usually see around the letters.

Sorry I bought black instead of the Aluminium colour, would have been easier

danilo Guest

Glue on Cast or laser cut ali letters (individually unfortunately) These come in Many sizes and typefaces. Hunt about?
    Screen printing could work but anodised is tricky .
    Alternate B... would be no advert signage? Any real chance yer gonna forget the gizmos function?

I'm Martin.

Make a stencil, tape it in position, white paint straight onto the case. Not sure what paint would be best. Acrylic maybe?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Go to a sign company they will do you a stick on one any format any size easy enough. Depends how fancy you want it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

They come off though. Paint on metal is the laboratory look. I'm assuming that is what Al is going for. If not ignore me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Al.

Yes, I want a professional looking job as the case is a nice one and I want the project to look "finished" unlike my other DIY cases

I'm Russell.

Stick on emblems are quite doable, but for a single unit, probably wouldn't be cost effective. A stencil with an airbrush would be excellent! Using "Auto-Air" paints, water soluble automotive paints in any color or texture you like. i.e. Flat white, gloss white, metallic white, rainbow prism white, etc. top with flat clear for durability.

And another option would be a decal. When I built model railroads I bought decal paper that will run through your ink jet printer. You design the logo on the computer and print it off, seal it and then trim as close to the lettering as possible. Float it onto the device, let dry, then spray with a Matt clear coat with an airbrush. Very permanent and done right it looks like it grew there. Practice on scrap metal to perfect your technique. Great results but a learning curve to be sure. And most ink jets cannot print in white, but you can get white decal paper.

Or, they make tiny sand blasting kits. Using a stencil you can cut the black finish to leave metallic letters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

Default White lettering on black front panel - suggestions

You can laser etch through anodising and this gives a super neat result (I've done it quite a lot). There are loads of companies on line now offering laser etching services. At one point I did offer a design and make service exactly as above but time constraints no longer make this possible.
    Account Deleted

I'm Keith.

I've used these guys before. Quick service and good product.

http://www.dawsonsigns.co.uk/

I'm Al.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The Vinyl service Marra has mentioned sounds good and also the Airbrushed stencil method might be a solution. I can probably find a custom airbrush guy somehwere that can do it, or have a go myself on the rear of the plate and if it is a disaster it will be hidden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast