Interesting.

The last CRT TV I wanted to buy was a Loewe Vitros, but alas I missed the last few in the UK so ended up with the last 37 in Panasonic CRT TV.

I worked in the TV trade during the introduction of flat CRT TVs and the Panasonic was by far the best example outside the esoteric Loewes anyway a few years ago my Dad died and I got his 42 inch Panasonic plasma, which was nice and then these days I have a GT60 the last of Panasonic's plasma's and I like it a lot.

I have looked at 4K TVs and so far I think there is something slightly unnatural about what they do, its like etched audio, detail standing out too much, colour way too rich. I confess I used to feel that way to a degree about HD and Blu Ray early on, compared to analogue TV at its best.

It could be that 4K properly set up for on a quality later generation screen might reach that quality for me, even surpass it - I am thinking the last winter Olympics before, analogue switch off, which was breathtaking on that Panasonic 36in CRT TV. Rose tinted glasses maybe, maybe not.

Look forward to your further thoughts.