+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would you never buy again? What would you like to own again?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Adam.

I wouldn't touch a Connoisseur BD1 with a barge pole. I only bought the second one I owned because I couldn't believe the first one was so bad. Sadly the second was no different.

As to stuff I'd have again, there isn't a huge amount, as if it's that good, I've still got it. I have bought second examples of the Technics SL-P1200 and RS-9900 as I shouldn't have sold the first ones!

That said, I wish I hadn't sold my uncle's EMI EPU-100 arm and pickup heads. That was a silly decision.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Michael.

One big expensive mistake I made was trading in a Logic DM101 with an FR arm for a Linn LP12,Ittok,Asak. Sold the Linn and replaced it with a Townsend Rock Ref which was far more accurate to my ears. I've never regretted selling anything in HiFi I have to say. I have paid good money for gear I've not got on with in the long run. Shahinian Compass speakers come to mind and AE 2's with their foam surrounds that rot in no time are others. Amps I have owned but not enjoyed include Nytech 252 Receiver and Linn Clout power amp.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    ... I only bought the second one I owned because I couldn't believe the first one was so bad. Sadly the second was no different.
    Ha! -- I did that exact same thing with AKG 701 headphones. Great reviews - I must have had a duff pair. Couldn't stand them 2nd time 'round either.

Very few out & out "Thank gawd that's gone" disasters, but these would qualify ....

Klipsch Heresy speakers. My goodness. Heresy, indeed!
    Horning Zeus small floorstander speakers. Unspeakably coloured.
    Linn Unidisk universal digital disc spinner. Boppy and light and insubstantial. Truly unmusical.
    ProAc Future Point 5 speakers. Wow, this fine firm took a wrong turning on this top of the line series!

I wish I could say Tannoys - but I've never been daft enough to own any.

--

I've never regretted selling anything that I can think of -- onwards, ever onwards!

+ Reply to Thread