+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And when you've done that you can wear it round the house and pretend to be 'Doctor At Large'. IME most women have a thing for Doctors.
    Hahahaha, quality.

Gonna stick a bit of sound deadening on for now. Got some in the garage, no cost option for now. Angus did prewarn me that the shelf could be a problem.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Nearest and Dearest Friends a !!!!!! A true resolve is Townshend Seismic Pods. you have got the ultimate deck / plinth combination ... now get the ultimate supports.

Peter..... I will say no more !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Nearest and Dearest Friends a !!!!!! A true resolve is Townshend Seismic Pods. you have got the ultimate deck / plinth combination ... now get the ultimate supports.

Peter..... I will say no more !!

Haha, I'll have a look

Looked.....behave!!! £100 each

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

£89 each .... is it not worth it? For the ultimate deck? ( I have seen a set of 4 for £256 on eBay.)

Magnetic Levitation about half that cost.

I'm Geoff.

Cheaper to try some hefty Sorbothane feet. I find they work well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

theres only one thing to do ollie,youv'e just gotta sell ya ass,the first times the worst i hear,then after that you begin to like it!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Peter.

As I said before..... there is nothing quite like true friends advice

Bigman80 Guest

Hahaha, i know what you're saying boyse but it just aint gonna happen. The wife nearly had an aneurysm over the TT itself !!! Soborthane feet are as good as anything ive tried so far so maybe an isolation platform or similar going forward for now. Got the sound deadening sheet under and thats made a huge difference. Not ultimate quietness but much much better

Jamie, Id have to pay them mate

I'm Kevin.

Sound Damped Steel Isofeet?
    If they were not so heavy, I would lend you a set to try under your feet, but they basically work on constrained layer damping.

As already mentioned, you don't bang the shelf when listening to the deck so if you can't hear it get on with enjoying the deck. Other alternatives which are cheap is to put it on a thick chopping block, use half squash balls or granite mats.
    Completely up to you, but a decent set of feet is probably a small price to pay on top of what you have already spent.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Sound Damped Steel Isofeet?
    If they were not so heavy, I would lend you a set to try under your feet, but they basically work on constrained layer damping.

As already mentioned, you don't bang the shelf when listening to the deck so if you can't hear it get on with enjoying the deck. Other alternatives which are cheap is to put it on a thick chopping block, use half squash balls or granite mats.
    Completely up to you, but a decent set of feet is probably a small price to pay on top of what you have already spent.
    I'll experiment and there's already a big improvement with the mat there. Feet are one for the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast