+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from HiFi Wigwam

I'm Peter.

Default Hello from HiFi Wigwam

Hello everyone,

Just had a great chat with Marco who suggested I join the forum to discuss any questions regarding the new set up and what is planned for the future. Like always there are assumptions and here say so I just wanted to let you all know that while I won't ever get involved in private threads I will certainly be happy to answer any sensible questions.

Nice to be here
    Peter

I'm Grant.

Sure you will be made welcome Peter.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Many thanks Grant

I'm Geoff.

Hi Peter. A warm welcome from me too.

Despite its prominent status, I don't recall having visited 'The Wam', but I'm a bit of a stick in the mud so to speak.

I'd be interested to hear what your new setup is going to be. Who knows, I may pop by and see.

I don't see why you should not chip in here on the threads though. Any opinion is welcome.

Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you. I don't feel knowledgable enough about equipment to comment with the experienced audiophiles here but naturally keen to put right any uncertainties about TheWam

I'm Jez.

Personally I'd quite like to be un-banned for life from the wam for what I consider the most tenuous and ridiculous reasons... Oh yeah and welcome...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Peter.

Hi Jez. The first thing I did when I took over was to wipe the slate clean. What was past, was not the future. I do not Admin or Moderate the forum whatsoever so please give me your username and I will pass on to Admin.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by HFWW View Post
    Hi Jez. The first thing I did when I took over was to wipe the slate clean. What was past, was not the future. I do not Admin or Moderate the forum whatsoever so please give me your username and I will pass on to Admin.
    I wasn't expecting that.... Thank you. I'd need to set up a trade account of course, what's the current cost of this?

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Peter.

It is £25 per month to access all forums except Private Classifieds and £40 per month for that plus your own business space and the ability to either copy over your own webpage or to serve up any other discounts or special offers you may have. This can be renewed or changed unlimited times and can be set up by sending all designs and content to our new tech team OR they can do it for you for a one time set up fee of £100.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by HFWW View Post
    It is £25 per month to access all forums except Private Classifieds and £40 per month for that plus your own business space and the ability to either copy over your own webpage or to serve up any other discounts or special offers you may have. This can be renewed or changed unlimited times and can be set up by sending all designs and content to our new tech team OR they can do it for you for a one time set up fee of £100.
    Unfortunately that's waaaaaayyyy more than I can afford but thanks anyway. It's a one off yearly payment of £50 here... I may have been able to go as far as £100 - £150 per year but those rates are far too rich for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast