+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 540 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

I agree that with a trolley full of food I would head to a cashier but for one item or just a few items there is nothing they add to the experience. I have still got to dig my cash or card out and I might as well do it at my own pace infront of a machine.

There is often a queue for a cashier and I feel awkward with six items so I head to the self service tills which are usually much quicker. I wouldnt use a machine if the process was a complete PITA.

Thay have been cutting staff anyway because the reality is 10 till lanes with three cashiers in sight. Yes we probably do need to complain but while you are at it complain about the shoddy treatment of electronically tagged staff in warehouses and superstores. Often the staff you deal with will be overworked and on some commission basis which is detrimental to all of us. We all like the best price and dont really question where the costs have been cut.

Would you all bother a bank cashier to withdraw £20...nope we mainly use servicetills. That used to be my crap job and you lot took it away from me

Shopping is mainly a mundane experience for me so I would rather do as much as possible while in a semi daydream. Believe me the human cashiers have run out of interesting small talk on a long shift. I would rather a machine told me to have a nice day....same difference
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 12-11-2017 at 18:55.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I agree that with a trolley full of food I would head to a cashier but for one item or just a few items there is nothing they add to the experience. I have still got to dig my cash or card out and I might as well do it at my own pace infront of a machine.
    Yeah I know what you mean, but for me the machine would still be slower, because as I've never used one before, it'd take me a bit to work out how to do so - most likely longer that it would to go to a manned express checkout, at the midweek off-peak times of day I use supermarkets, where I'm usually first or second to be served.

Very rarely are there any queues at that time

Thay have been cutting staff anyway because the reality is 10 till lanes with three cashiers in sight.
    Indeed, and that's what they should be addressing, rather than opening more and more self-service checkouts, and getting 80% of the normal checkouts manned, rather than 30% of them, which is usually the case!

Yes we probably do need to complain but while you are at it complain about the shoddy treatment of staff in warehouses and superstores. Often the staff you deal with will be overworked and on some commission basis which is detrimental to all of us. We all like the best price and dont really question where the costs have been cut.
    Absolutely! However, I'm someone who believes in staff being properly paid for their work, so I'd welcome paying a little more for my shopping to help that cause.

Would you all bother a bank cashier to withdraw £20...nope we mainly use servicetills. That used to be my crap job and you lot took it away from me
    Really?

Well, if I'm inside a bank it'll not be to withdraw money, but more likely to deposit it - and I don't trust doing that stood at a machine. Plus, as I said, I don't like the precedent that they set. They lost you your job after all!

Shopping is mainly a mundane experience for me so I would rather do as much as possible while in a semi daydream.
    I hate grocery shopping, but quite enjoy other types of shopping, such as for records, beer and wine, certain types of clothes, nice things for the house and [shock horror] Christmas shopping, (as I enjoy the vibe) when the towns and shops are quiet, and I can get in and out, having got what I need, before the hoards of unwashed descend!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Don't mind grocery shopping but started work in a grocery. The till are easy to use. Even an idiot like me can do it first time. Just don't buy anything age related and always scan one item and put it on the scale or it goes loopy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The till are easy to use. Even an idiot like me can do it first time. Just don't buy anything age related and always scan one item and put it on the scale or it goes loopy
    Can't be arsed. I'm paying for some fucker to do it for me!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Well technology marches forward and the owners of these businesses employ accountants to ensure that the overheads are as low as possible. The trickle down effect doesnt really happen and its been getting far worse in the last few decades I see Dickensian times for many.

I jest about my job but the first three bank branches I worked at are simply not there any longer. Those jobs will never exist again as its all being cut back and centralised to save costs. Of course we all know what happened in 2008. I very much doubt technology and the dot com boom is replacing those jobs with new job opportunities.

Robots are making cars and they do it very well which is worrying for the future of human labour.

The problem is that they havent got on with a new way of political thinking for a social living allowance,. If people have to work until the age of 66 and beyond, there needs to be an economy to support that work ethic

I'm Geoff.

Well technology marches forward and the owners of these businesses employ accountants to ensure that the overheads are as little as possible.
    You're not kidding.

I notice that Tesco's penny pinching is becoming more obvious. Most of their 'Value' products having disappeared and other good value non-brand items have gone. Very peeved that the 'Seriously Strong Cheddar' his no longer available, I really liked that.

If I can buy elsewhere, I do.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Well technology marches forward and the owners of these businesses employ accountants to ensure that the overheads are as little as possible. The trickle down effect doesnt really happen and its been getting far worse in the last few decades
    I understand that, and you're absolutely right, but I don't give a shit about what's best for THEM or their overheads. As a customer, all I'm interested in what's best for ME!

These places need to start showing that they give a toss about the best interests of their customers - who ultimately pay their wages - if they want to remain in business. So we need to FORCE them to change tact.

And we can do that by stopping 'dancing to their tune' and allowing our strings to be pulled like puppets, for them to continue improving their profitability, surreptitiously making US work for THEM in the process - and there is no better example of that 'brainwashing' than these self-service checkouts.

I jest about my job but the first three bank branches I worked at are not there any longer. Those jobs will never exist again as its all being cut back and centralised to save costs
    ...and we've essentially stood back and let it happen by not using those branches enough in the first place!

Internet banking has a lot to answer for too, in that respect, and our innate laziness, not wanting to get off our backsides to carry out our financial affairs, and instead sit at a computer at home and do it.

Don't get me started on supermarket 'home deliveries' either (unless you have mobility issues)!!

Get off yer fukkin fat arse and MOVE......!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mark.

In a certain supermarket, generally considered up-market (certainly by itself!), let's call it 'W' for the sake of argument, you can pick up a scanner at the door, scan your goods as you choose them, put them in 4 big sturdy bags they supply, then just pay with no further checking at a customer-controlled checkout point. (You keep the big bags, take them home and use again next time). Been doing it for years. Wouldn't change and it keeps grandchildren amused too! They used to occasionally do spot checks during checkout to see if you were nicking anything ( can't really blame them for that ) but we haven't been checked for a number of years now............. Actually, I'm not sure I should be telling you lot this!

I'm Geoff.

A certain 'W' should offer good service, seeing as they charge rather more than most supermarkets. I admit to liking some of their offerings though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

tesco do this too. seems popular but i with marco and insist on customer service if at all possible. Might do it if they give me a discount tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread