+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cheap speaker cable, worth minor upgrade?

I'm Luke.

I didn't get round to trying that Fisual Hollywood stuff, and have just seen a potential bargain price lot of QED silver special 25th anniversary cable, around £20 for 2 x 7m unterminated.

The thing is, I seem to recall this cable getting very mixed reviews, with some rating it highly and others saying it is awful...

Anyone here tried QED 25th anniversary, or think I should just stick with giving the Fisual stuff a try?!

I'm tony.

Fisual stuff has stayed in my system since installed. Well worth a try IMHO.Been through the 79 strand/TQ range/van damme range/belkin/atlas- fisual stuff sounds in my system to be the front runner, Im 6m a side with 57s.

Bigman80 Guest

I had the Fisual Dark Hollywood and replaced it with Ixos cable. The Fisual sounded thin to me.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I've tried dozens of speaker cables, cheap and not so cheap. I still have quite a few sets, but have finally settled on the comparatively inexpensive Transparent Audio MusiChord. It just sounds right and doesn't get in the way of the music. It also gives excellent results no matter what equipment line up I'm using. So that's what I'll be sticking with.

I have two pairs, 2.5m and 4.0m long. Just as well I bought what I need, this stuff is ridiculously hard to track down.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

QED all day long

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    I didn't get round to trying that Fisual Hollywood stuff, and have just seen a potential bargain price lot of QED silver special 25th anniversary cable, around £20 for 2 x 7m unterminated.

The thing is, I seem to recall this cable getting very mixed reviews, with some rating it highly and others saying it is awful...

Anyone here tried QED 25th anniversary, or think I should just stick with giving the Fisual stuff a try?!
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    QED all day long
    Are you including the Silver Anniversary cable in that recommendation. It's sounded bright and coarse every time I've used it. And that's in quite a few different system setups.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    QED all day long
    Thanks, I bought it, already on its way in the post!

I figured at that price I could easily give it a try and then either put it in classifieds here or bung it on ebay for what I paid for it if I don't get on with it.

Will be interesting whether I even hear any difference at all...

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Are you including the Silver Anniversary cable in that recommendation. It's sounded bright and coarse every time I've used it. And that's in quite a few different system setups.
    Yes, I've heard this a few times. So funny that a speaker cable can be so 'Marmite'. Any hint of excessive brightness and it will go straight back on ebay!

I'm Luke.

Well, interesting, very interesting....

I now know that cables can make a difference.

The QED SA lasted about 10 minutes in my system.

Where did the bass disappear to?!

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Thanks, I bought it, already on its way in the post!

I figured at that price I could easily give it a try and then either put it in classifieds here or bung it on ebay for what I paid for it if I don't get on with it.

Will be interesting whether I even hear any difference at all...
    Do people actually part with their hard earned on the QED SA?
    Despite all the negative comments about it on forums like this one?

Unbelievable!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast