+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reference Fidelity Components Interconnects....

I'm Rob.

My many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I received a message from Oliver who asked if I fancied try his Spotfire cables. I've just asked to be put on the waiting list.
    I've just read the thread and they sound very promising.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    My many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I received a message from Oliver who asked if I fancied try his Spotfire cables. I've just asked to be put on the waiting list.
    I've just read the thread and they sound very promising.
    I'll get you on there mate. Will be a few weeks, there's currently on 10 infront to you. Like I said in the PM, if you want to bring your cables for a little bakeoff, you're welcome. Anyone that can't tell the difference between cables worries me

I'm Phil.

perhaps i could tag along and bring a mercury to compare . might have to blindfold you though as bias may come in !!! also got that neotech cable from brian which i am using now currently as well

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-interconnects
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Kevin.

How does the Neotech cable from Brian compare?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    perhaps i could tag along and bring a mercury to compare . might have to blindfold you though as bias may come in !!! also got that neotech cable from brian which i am using now currently as well

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-interconnects
    Defo Phil! No worries at all and yes, I am up for a blind test.

I'm Phil.

brill , when time permits we must schedule
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Rob.

Great stuff. Thank you very much.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm Adam.

Imho a lot of emphasis on interconnects is a wee bit of a tail chase.
    At Toms gaff recently, he had a £19 cable in his system which wasn't out of place at all.
    Personally I have got on really well with Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper wire in oil cloth (£5.50 a metre from Hifi collective) With some half decent plugs. They have stayed in my system and with real synergy. In fact out performed Kimber selects, and a few other flash interconnects...
    That said, Paul's RFC cables are very very well made and very appealing, he certainly knows what he's doing
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Imho a lot of emphasis on interconnects is a wee bit of a tail chase.
    At Toms gaff recently, he had a £19 cable in his system which wasn't out of place at all.
    Personally I have got on really well with Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper wire in oil cloth (£5.50 a metre from Hifi collective) With some half decent plugs. They have stayed in my system and with real synergy. In fact out performed Kimber selects, and a few other flash interconnects...
    That said, Paul's RFC cables are very very well made and very appealing, he certainly knows what he's doing

Forgot about those - yes I bought a 2m pair of those £19.99 Edge cables from ebay as i did a bit of shuffling ... my RFC 1.5m cables are a bit short (thought they'll be fine when I get the Radford STA100 back this month) so needed a stop gap. The link between pre and power is the least cable sensitive of any position in in my view.

Speaker cable I use Western Electric copper which sound fine and cost me probably £60 terminated. I have some slightly longer Russian litz coming out of curiosity (a whole £108) but I don't necessarily expect to hear much if any difference.

I'm Rob.

I've just ordered a set of the Spotfire cables from Oliver.

Oliver very kindly added me to the waiting list for the loan pair but it meant me waiting for possibly months. I have no patience or willpower so I went for it...I think the heat has got to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast