+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moode Player Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Steve,

Just want to make sure I get this symptom right, but when you say "losing my library" do you mean that the NAS folder disappears from the Browse panel, or do you mean that when u press "Library" tab it comes back blank and shows 0 tracks?

Regards,
    Tim
    Just realised what you meant Tim.
    The library is there, but zero tracks.
    I can access the library through other software like Plug Player or one of Linn's UPNP controllers Songbook Lite- where the full library is shown.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Just realised what you meant Tim.
    The library is there, but zero tracks.
    I can access the library through other software like Plug Player or one of Linn's UPNP controllers Songbook Lite- where the full library is shown.
    Hi Steve,

The way the Library loader was originally designed lends itself to issues with some large collections. I've improved it quite a bit but had to stay within the limits of the original design. You may have to use the Browse panel to select music, or an external app like MPoD...

Andreas, the fellow who is working on Moode 3 project has redesigned the Library loader so it will work nicely with large collections but Moode 3 project will probably take a year to complete since it involves a ground-up rewrite and debug of the entire code base :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm inactive.

Hi Tim,
    I'm have running Moode 2.4 since it's release with no problems (great stuff - thank you!!)

Until ... I upgraded my Mac Mini 2010 to El Capitan last week. Since then I have been unable to play via Airplay from my iPhone 5C and if I attempt to upload via my Mac desktop finder the Pi crashes requiring a hard boot to restore communication. Is this a know issue with El Capitan or am I alone?
    cheers,
    Mike

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Hi Tim,
    I'm have running Moode 2.4 since it's release with no problems (great stuff - thank you!!)

Until ... I upgraded my Mac Mini 2010 to El Capitan last week. Since then I have been unable to play via Airplay from my iPhone 5C and if I attempt to upload via my Mac desktop finder the Pi crashes requiring a hard boot to restore communication. Is this a know issue with El Capitan or am I alone?
    cheers,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

I do all the dev on Macbook Air running Yos and don't have any experience yet with ElCap.

I seem to recall that one of the other forum users, RobTweed I think, did an ElCap upgrade and had some issues.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post

I seem to recall that one of the other forum users, RobTweed I think, did an ElCap upgrade and had some issues.
    Yep - I couldn't get it working from El Capitain, but didn't have problems with Yosemite. However, I gave up using (or worrying about) Airplay via Moode, as I was able to access my iTunes library as a NAS source - it now sits randomly playing all day, every day. The key to this for me was when Tim added the option for hiding the playlist.
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

+ Reply to Thread