Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
They're OK. One of Mission's better efforts. I didn't think they were desperately dynamic, but pleasant enough.

Ask Shane if you want another opinion. He's had them and the System 800's.

I have to admit. I'm not really that keen on most Missions, the 780SE is an exception.
Naturally dynamic I would say, definitely not 'desperately' dynamic, they are not in your face and do not impose themselves on you,
they just let the music flow in that natural organic way.
I can listen to them endlessly without fatigue which makes each session a pleasure.
Musical, detailed and lovely in the mids, vocals and instruments sound right, include great imaging too.
Bass is tight and punchy rather than lowest frequency, earthshakingly deep the 6.5 inch mid bass driver does a great job all things considered.
With every upgrade they just communicate back to you, revealing more. I find these humble speakers to be totally unfazed by big company in the chain.
In my view they are a true hi fidelity speaker and an absolute audiophile bargain.
I play soul, reggae, jazz, Steely Dan etc and they never cease to do the bizz for me everytime.
This is in the context of small - medium sized room.
This owner of 18 years @ 2014 sums up my sentiments to a T http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/th...51091079905084