+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Krell

I'm Martin.

We need a Krell owner's club
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Two members so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm John.

You could have a bake off over Skype or FaceTime

I'm Martin.

Reminds me of a pal I used to have called skanky Al. Years ago now when BMWs were still quite rare cars on the roads he bought a knackered one for £100. It had almost no paint left on it and was literally held together with gaffer tape. Nevertheless he would always wave cheerfully to the other BMW drivers he encountered on his travels.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Russell.

Reminds me of a pal I used to have called skanky Al. Years ago now when BMWs were still quite rare cars on the roads he bought a knackered one for £100. It had almost no paint left on it and was literally held together with gaffer tape. Nevertheless he would always wave cheerfully to the other BMW drivers he encountered on his travels.
    That's funny, reminds me of a friend who bought a scrap Harley Sportster, covered in grease and barely run, smoking exhaust, but as soon as he bought it he tore the sleeves out of his jackets and always acted as if the bikers were after him! Fancied himself a real gangster with his $500 Harley.

I'm Mark.

I may have missed the mention but what about a Krell KRC 3 it works for me !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    I may have missed the mention but what about a Krell KRC 3 it works for me !

Definitely worthy of consideration. I've seen a few Krell preamps on Audiogon at some reasonable prices. One that was on my watch list was the Krell Phantom, a really nice looking preamp, modern looking and highly rated. And less than $2,500 USD. I can't recall exactly. The depreciation of audio gear is amazing. Before the internet used gear was hard to find, but now I wouldn't dream of buying new. Most used gear is one third to one forth it's new price. Personally I can't imagine what a $7k preamp sounds like? But due to depreciation I may soon find out.

I'm Martin.

What speaker cable are you using, Russell?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Definitely worthy of consideration. I've seen a few Krell preamps on Audiogon at some reasonable prices. One that was on my watch list was the Krell Phantom, a really nice looking preamp, modern looking and highly rated. And less than $2,500 USD. I can't recall exactly. The depreciation of audio gear is amazing. Before the internet used gear was hard to find, but now I wouldn't dream of buying new. Most used gear is one third to one forth it's new price. Personally I can't imagine what a $7k preamp sounds like? But due to depreciation I may soon find out.

Perhaps I should mention I have FPB 200 the 300 is certainly better especially with difficult loads Martin Logan, Wilson etc a friend had FPB 300 with Martin Logan SL3 and B&W 802's and Wilson Alexandria's although I think he swapped the 300 to 600 monoblocks for the Alexandria's. The sound for me with Sonus Faber Alecta Amators is all you hope for, detailed warmer side of neutral loads of control and slam but above all, musical and emotional, and I have very broad tastes in music !!

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Perhaps I should mention I have FPB 200 the 300 is certainly better especially with difficult loads Martin Logan, Wilson etc a friend had FPB 300 with Martin Logan SL3 and B&W 802's and Wilson Alexandria's although I think he swapped the 300 to 600 monoblocks for the Alexandria's. The sound for me with Sonus Faber Alecta Amators is all you hope for, detailed warmer side of neutral loads of control and slam but above all, musical and emotional, and I have very broad tastes in music !!

PS my cables are Transparent Musicwave Plus Bi-Wire and all my interconnects are DPA Black Slink and I run phono and cd in full balanced mode as is pretty to power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast