+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The TC-7535 Caiman SEG at a glance.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I know many like streaming, but I just don't get paying for posh radio when you can own a physical copy? Appen I'm just getting old....
    Good point...well made...but as I'm now in my early sixties and retired with a few bob handy I am having a rethink on all the gear and such plus all the physical media around my house....the amount ofmoney I have spent over the years on gear and stuff is crazy...I have now reduced the stuff to articles that can play through Stan's SEG and I'm happy out.ebay has taken care of my castoffs and they've gone to good homes I think.
    I was listening to a guy over here talking about making a v good business of installing good gear and software into shops,restaurants etc here and making a v good living as when people hear good sounds they tend to linger rather than move on.t he businesses are happy with the results which really are all based on psychoacoustics but that is the role of music in our lives I think
    Rambling again so I'll sign off but if you have good broadband and a Chromecast audio or some such you can try tidal yourself for free for a month before you decide..the smile on my face is worth the cost I'll be paying next month.ps..did I say you can download the music as youre listening for offline use at any time??

I'm Barry.

Posted this a while back, but it might be of interest.

"Any one interested in a free tidal subscription should have a look at sandisk ultra fit usb flash drives, I bought a 32GB drive for £7.99 from PC World which came with a free 3 months subscription for Tidal, worth nearly £60."

I'm Tom.

Thanks Barry, I shall call to my local PC World later and check it out.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by nortot View Post
    Thanks Barry, I shall call to my local PC World later and check it out.
    They are still doing the offer on line.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comput...28883-pdt.html

I'm Tom.

Thanks v much for the heads-up!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by nortot View Post
    Good point...well made...but as I'm now in my early sixties and retired with a few bob handy I am having a rethink on all the gear and such plus all the physical media around my house....the amount ofmoney I have spent over the years on gear and stuff is crazy...I have now reduced the stuff to articles that can play through Stan's SEG and I'm happy out.ebay has taken care of my castoffs and they've gone to good homes I think.
    I was listening to a guy over here talking about making a v good business of installing good gear and software into shops,restaurants etc here and making a v good living as when people hear good sounds they tend to linger rather than move on.t he businesses are happy with the results which really are all based on psychoacoustics but that is the role of music in our lives I think
    Rambling again so I'll sign off but if you have good broadband and a Chromecast audio or some such you can try tidal yourself for free for a month before you decide..the smile on my face is worth the cost I'll be paying next month.ps..did I say you can download the music as youre listening for offline use at any time??
    Tom,when all is said and done,if you like it,thats what matters and Stan's gear is very good
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Gareth.

I recently purchased three of the cheapest USB sticks from Currys, stripped out the Tidal vouchers and resold the sticks on eBay. Nine months Tidal for around £10. Just cancel before the 3mth trial expires, then signup with a different email address. Repeat until offer ends 31/12/17.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    I recently purchased three of the cheapest USB sticks from Currys, stripped out the Tidal vouchers and resold the sticks on eBay. Nine months Tidal for around £10. Just cancel before the 3mth trial expires, then signup with a different email address. Repeat until offer ends 31/12/17.
    I think a Saturday trip to Currys is in order! Thanks for the tip!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    I think a Saturday trip to Currys is in order! Thanks for the tip!
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...42989-pdt.html
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gareth.

Best to purchase in-store, not all are included in the offer. I think its limited to the Sandisk Ultra range.

This is the last one I purchased, £6.49: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...28880-pdt.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast