+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amp Switch (2 amps into 1 Set of Speakers)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Morning all, just thought I'd give an update on the progress of my speaker wire switch.
    That's looking great Paul. Any idea what finish you'll give to the wood?

I'm Gary.

If you have front pre-out on A/V amp connect interconnects from the pre-amp to an input on the stereo amp, remove front speaker leads from A/V amp and connect to speaker terminals on stereo amp, turn everything on, match the volume of A/V amp and stereo, volume will now be controlled by A/V amp.

Quote Originally Posted by daddydj View Post
    I am interested in the progress of this idea.
    I run two systems in one room; AV system and a system for stereo. I am sick of unplugging and replugging everytime I go from system to system.
    I was originally trying to figure out how to implement a home theatre bypass, but an amp switching facility would suffice.
    StanleyB I like the look of your basic unit and the idea of the dummy load. How does this work in practice?

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    That's looking great Paul. Any idea what finish you'll give to the wood?
    Thanks Stanley. Prob not that visible in my pics but I've used some vinyl wrap type sticky back plastic and it's your staple hifi black marble (like all hifi cases should be made from Actually doesn't look as bad as it sounds but luckily it will be hidden away out of sight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123