+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I did have concerns early on that it was going to turn out to be another 'LOST' (I gave up on that show half way through series two), but having stuck with it I now realise there was a lot of 'setting up' of the plot to take care of. Your choice of course but The Leftovers is set to be a bit of an epic. Quite often I am able to second guess where a plot line is going, so far with TL this has not been the case. Initially I thought it was going to be that old chestnut, alien abduction. This has been done to death with shows such as Taken and The 4400 and so my heart sank a little initially despite the high production values and excellent acting. Now though it would appear that there are religious overtones sneaking into the storyline, and not just through Christopher Ecclestone's character.

The rapture has been mentioned a couple of times by characters and then there is the slightly hazy 'good versus evil' theme which seesaws between various groups and personalities, such as The Guilty Remnant, Holy Wayne and Chief Garvey. Kevin Garvey is an intriguing character who gets more intriguing as the series moves on, as does the reverend btw. And then there are Garvey's daughter, Jill, and his Dad, Garvey Snr. I feel that the Chiefs dad is going to be the key to all this btw
    Using the idea of the Rapture but rewriting Christian theology and understanding to sell some non Christian version alienates me big time.

Regards Neil

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Using the idea of the Rapture but rewriting Christian theology and understanding to sell some non Christian version alienates me big time.

Regards Neil
    Fair enough Neil, I'm going to keep on trucking with it though as I am keen to see where it is taking me

+ Reply to Thread