+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myst TMA3 problem

I'm Jez.

It's one of many instances of "the Hitachi circuit" as also used in the Maplin modules... and Perreaux, Incatech Claymore, Musical Fidelity Synthesis and (IIRC) Dr Thomas amongst many others. A pretty nice piece of kit
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andy.

If it becomes available in the next week or so and is working, I'd payŁ200 for it. As long as I don't find something else before it's available. Drop me a pm at the time as I don't check in every day.

I'm Dick.

Thanks folks. Much appreciated.

As I explained we're told we can't sell anything without it being PAT tested but I'll see if I can get that clarified or at least get this at the top of the waiting list. I think there is only one person currently qualified and they are a one day a week volunteer like me!

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Dick

I'm jamie.

hey dick,what charity warehouse in brighton?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    hey dick,what charity warehouse in brighton?
    Martlets

I'm jamie.

cheers,if you need a hand with anything hifi give me a shout,im in brighton too
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    cheers,if you need a hand with anything hifi give me a shout,im in brighton too
    Thanks Jamie, I'll bear that in mind.

Most of the time the types of hi-fi that get donated are fairly standard music systems but just now and again something interesting (like the Myst) comes in. Last week a Thorens TD160 came in (possibly with the Myst I suppose) but we have to wait for that to be PAT tested and I guess I'll probably end up checking if it works at some point.

I should say it's not really my job. I'm retired and I've been doing a day a week there for 3 years and spend most of the time shifting wardrobes and sofas but being a musician I now test any electric guitars and check acoustic guitars for playability and damage. I also know enough about hi-fi to recognise something interesting (not that there is often anything to see!).

Cheers

Dick

I'm Colin.

The Hitachi circuit was the basic idea but like most of the clones sounded hard and bright, so the wrong component were used I changed that and revamped the circuit, big improvements. Even today this basic circuit is used in a Roxan type amp and many more now with IR FET's and others. But by changing to IR FET's problems on the driver stages have become more apparent.
    Today I use a new circuit to drive FET amp with a much more musical sound. I use and did use FET,s in SECA design not based on anybodies design apps notes. And in the new Claymore there is no FET's.

Big SECA like the 300W Mono used 80 FET,s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12