+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Vinyl

I'm richard.

Default Buying Vinyl

Hopefully this is in the right place and its a fair question to ask ?

For a long while I have been taking vinyl mainly from charity shops and the odd independant when travelling (charity shops have long since dried up around here).

The reason for asking, is that recently I've been looking for a number of 180gm's remastered albums. Frustratingly, the suppliers i looked at were out of stock of ALL of them ! and they seem to take ages to replenish and I'm not interested in imported stuff either. Plus, with previous orders, approximately 50% of all new vinyl has been returned as its been pants.

I've mainly used Amazon (very good at returns but bad at describing the release details) and WhatRecords (some good offers but constantly having stock issues it seems to me).

So, I'm looking to try someone new but recommended ie reliable suppliers/independents who do mail order; who seem to carry good stock and importantly are good with returns.

All suggestions gratefully received ta !

richard

I'm Mike.

Burning Shed are pretty good. Not a big range of artists stocked but good service both during purchase and after.

Juno Records are good too

I'm Deleted.

I buy from Amazon, eBay, Cherry Red records, Burning Shed, record shops and quite often directly from the artists website.
    Account Deleted

I'm Grant.

Juno, amazon and music on vinyl mostly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm richard.

Thanks guys for some quick feedback - I'll check them out.

Thanks also for moving the post to the right place.

Hopefully get some more ideas too!!

I'm Kim.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Juno this year, but the return rate has been about 30% due to warped vinyl, mis-pressing, labels in the wrong place, etc. Juno have been very good and quick to replace.

Of the Amazon sellers, I find Assai tend to have the best packaging and so vinyl turns up in good nick. They have a web store too assai-records. Much more limited stock though.

I'm Joe.

Diverse Vinyl.

I'm Deleted.

Oh, I do sometimes buy from Discogs but I don’t buy a lot of second hand stuff - and I only buy records (vinyl).
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Bandcamp, Norman Records and many labels direct here.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm richard.

Thanks again guys.... Juno just sent alerts for 2 that I was wanting so they are ordered. Searching the other sites now.
    😁😁😁

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast