+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SJS resuscitated

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    I have had a couple of sets of HM-7 but not the HM-X. They seem to have similar specs, but the 7 has better LF extension and the X better HF. This suggests the X has fewer turns on the windings and less primary inductance, which may be a problem with some carts but not those with v low internal impedance.
    It would be good to here an X and 7 together at some point.
    in my system, it had the same crazy detail extraction like both ortofons but lacked fluidity and tone. basically i would not say it was inferior, just very different, drier, and may need a more careful matching. or ortofon SUTs played to their strengths with my SPU... i would certainly not match it with lyra or AT, rather with something lush - koetsu
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Simon.

Default Model 1 Phono upgrade

This year marks the 20th anniversary since the first SJS Arcadia Model 1 preamplifiers were delivered, so it's nice to have one come back for servicing and upgrades

This unit now has tantalum resistors, new psu caps, silver wire and new valves.

What was really good to see was one of only two matching mm phono stages which were built as prototypes

This shows it after it's rebuild with tantalum film resistors and new psu capacitors.

and this is the power supply

not bad for a phono amp
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Alan.

Beautiful construction there Simon

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Beautiful construction there Simon
    Thanks Alan
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.

I'm Simon.

This week I have mainly been listening to volume controls #rubberroomcrazy

Can you name all 10?

I'm Phil.

oh my gosh , never knew there were so many types !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Simon.

Default 20th anniversary 20% discount offer

To celebrate 20 years since the first sjs arcadia Model 1 preamplifiers were delivered, we are pleased to announce a special 20th anniversary 20% discount on confirmed orders for any new sjs arcadia valve amplifier

This offer includes all current designs: Model 3 riaa, Model 5 se 300B, Model 6 riaa, Model 7 line, Model 8 se 300B amp, Aoide headphone amp

I'm Simon.

Default North West Audio Show 2017

We are delighted to announce that we will again be exhibiting at the 4th edition of the NWAS which will take place in Cranage Hall and will run over 2 days.

We will be showing the SJS Arcadia amplifiers, Model 3 riaa, Model 5 SE 300B and Model 7 preamplifier complete with Living Voice loudspeakers and valves, with Kondo cables.

THE SHOW
    NWAS is set to become one of the highlights in the audiophile calendar. With great exhibitors, top brands and a superb venue, we believe that the North West Audio Show gives attendees the opportunity to hear the very best audio in surroundings that are second to none.

IT'S FREE
    Free entry, free parking, a day surrounded by the best in audio and all in the beautiful setting of Cranage Hall, Cheshire. Book your free entry ticket(s) and enjoy a great audio festival at Cranage Hall in 2017 with best HiFi, live music, Audio Talks and more. Register and secure your free tickets today.

I'm Simon.

Hashimoto have announced a price rise of 8 to 11% across their entire range of transformers from 1st November.

The Model 9 SUT can be supplied with Hashimoto HM-3, HM-X or HM-7 mc step-up transformers, and special deals are available during October to beat the price rise.

Dual primaries can be switched for high/low impedance carts, and the grnd connection on the primary can be isolated for floating the MC coils. The casework is lined with mu metal sheet for screening, and solid core silver hook up wire and WBT silver loaded solder helps to up the foo factor

More details are available on my blog:
    http://sjselectroacoustics.blogspot....del-9-sut.html

I'm Simon.

Default SJS Model 9 SUTs with Hashimoto HM-7

Newly completed and ready for delivery, three SJS Model 9 SUTs
    • Hashimoto HM-7 transformers
    • pure silver wire with ptfe insulation
    • Dual primaries can be switched for high/low impedance carts
    • Ground connection on the primary can be isolated for floating the MC coils
    • MuMetal lined aluminium casework
    • WBT NexGen sockets and WBT silver loaded solder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast