+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mains install

I'm James.

Default New mains install

Today was the day I have been waiting for for nearly a year now, I was patiently waiting so long as all labour and materials were supplied for free from one of our electricians so I wasn't going to push the guy.
    We didn't quite finish today but in essence, we took the main tails that come into the house, split them before they reach the house consumer unit and give my hifi room (detached double garage) it's own switch then 10mm armoured cable running under the garden into the hifi room into a dedicated consumer unit. Here are a couple of quick pictures, I'll post more when the work is complete later this week.

Last edited by Sovereign; 14-12-2013 at 18:19.

I'm Andrew.

Good luck!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dave.

The first picture looks like you just caught someone trying to steal the cable...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Andy.

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm James.

I have an hour free this afternoon, then after I get back from a nativity play I'll be finishing it off tonight

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I have an hour free this afternoon, then after I get back from a nativity play I'll be finishing it off tonight

What part have you been cast in.?
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm James.

The electric angel

I'm James.

My system has been up and running for about half an hour or so. I have carried out this mains upgrade on three houses now so I kind of know what to expect.
    Without even giving my hifi time to warm up I hit the play button. I feel the differences in this property are greater than the other two new mains installs I have done. The first thing I noticed was the greater impact and speed the music had,everything seemed to start and stop faster and be a lot more propulsive. Large piano works were fuller and the lower registers had greater authority to them.
    Detail greatly increased, I noticed how a pianist would keep going slightly off time on a particular jazz piece which I had never noticed at all, tambourines came out of the woodwork, I knew they were there in the background but now they are blatantly obvious. More simple and intimate pieces are a lot more emotional and communicative.
    As impressed as I am I feel there is more to come, give it a good couple of weeks with everything on 24/7 and I am sure the sound will fill out even more. There is some tweaking still to do, like upgrade the metre tails and supply and new house main cartridge fuse etc. But as it stands I am more than happy with the upgrade.

I'm Brian.

Glad it was worth the effort James . Do you also intend to fit a balanced PSU ?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Glad it was worth the effort James . Do you also intend to fit a balanced PSU ?
    Where Have you been ? I fitted an 3Kva BPS maybe four months ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast