+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: VPI Turntables?

I'm David.

Always liked the look of VPI turntables, and since hearing the Prime at Bristol in the KEF room a few years ago, have always wanted one as it seemed extremely well priced for the sound quality on offer. Now there's the Prime Signature! Hopefully I'll be representing them in Birmingham one day...
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Very nice rig, how was the AR preamp? Hard to top that Super Scoutmaster!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The AR was a phono stage,Mrs O hated the deck for it's looks,but she loves the Basis.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    The AR was a phono stage,Mrs O hated the deck for it's looks,but she loves the Basis.
    Basis was high on my list when I was shopping, nice looking 'tables that exude quality and solidly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Julian.

A friend of mine has VPI Scout with a Dyna 10x5 cart - it's an impressive combination.
    I like the build quality of the deck - all very nicely finished indeed and has a solidity about it ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    A friend of mine has VPI Scout with a Dyna 10x5 cart - it's an impressive combination.
    I like the build quality of the deck - all very nicely finished indeed and has a solidity about it ...
    Sounds great with the Dyna 10x5 cartridge, even better with their higher quality MC cartridges.

Yes they are built like a tank with very high quality engineered parts especially the main bearing and tonearm.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456