+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visit from Bonzo (Kedar) last weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Ked.

I think your duos are the best duos I have heard. Previously I have heard them harsh or the bass way off. But with your amps, and especially when you play the tape the whole sound seems a complete whole, well integrated

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    I think your duos are the best duos I have heard. Previously I have heard them harsh or the bass way off. But with your amps, and especially when you play the tape the whole sound seems a complete whole, well integrated
    Thank you very much. The AG horns need to be set up properly, in order for the active bass units to integrate properly with the horns. Graham Tricker spent 4-5 hours at my home setting up my Duos, when I bought them back in the early 00s. They were an ex-demo pair, shipped from Germany. Although Graham offered to upgrade them with the Omega drivers and new Xovers, I have been very happy with the sound, and just couldn't justify spending more money.

Also, the TRON amps do make the AG horns sing. TRON amps were designed to match the AG horns, and the 6W single tube EML20B Voyager power amp is really sweet with enough with the Duos.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    High praise from the Bonz! Never a Duo fan. Though I can imagine R2R sounding good via earlier Duos. Imagine, that is. Never actually witnessed it.

+ Reply to Thread