+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for December.

I'm Martin.

Global warming has been happening for 12000 years. That's why we are not under a mile of ice right now and why you can no longer walk from London to Paris (unless you get special permission to use the tunnel).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Then in our time it's going to translate to unpredictable unseasonable and stormy weather. And a steady rise in sea temps Maybe. Planet is a great adaptor tho
    Just carry a brolly and you'll be OK.

I'm Martin.

No matter how warm the sea gets it will still be bloody freezing. The only sea I've ever been in that was an acceptable temperature was the Caribbean. Now that's a quality sea.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Always seems to cycle around 7/8 years with winters here Certainly been colder this year
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

last day of year and its going out with a blow. very windy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Latest prediction is an impending 'mini ice age'. But they can't accurately model that because of global warming. I was reading it in a news feature yesterday. It was serious article. My guess is a mini ice age added to global warming gives us a sum of...........erm..., maybe nothing out of the ordinary?
    Came across another article on this:

http://en.brinkwire.com/59384/a-mini...lobal-warming/

I'm Martin.

The one comment below says it all:

This article is such a steaming crock of pseudoscience that it’s not even laughable. If you believe this, you’ll be happy to know that “Bat Boy” from the Weekly World News will come and save us all.
    Rep
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The one comment below says it all:

This article is such a steaming crock of pseudoscience that it’s not even laughable. If you believe this, you’ll be happy to know that “Bat Boy” from the Weekly World News will come and save us all.
    Rep
    Maybe, who knows? It hasn't happened yet. I'll reserve judgement.

There's more (of the same): http://newsroom.northumbria.ac.uk/pr...n-2020-1194483

I'm gone.

Some astronomer bods say they have detected 2 distinct near-22 year solar activity cycles.
    When they combine in a certain way the sun's energy output drops significantly and our world cools.
    The last time this happened was in the late 1700s and folks were skating on the Thames for a couple of months each winter. The 'mini ice age' lasted several decades, I think.

If they are right (maybe a big if, I don't know) then it could be catastrophic for our modern day world. Mass starvation maybe.
    It would far outweigh the effects of temperature rises from climate change from man made global warming.

I'm gone.

Sensible looking article here, with reaction to the media frenzy from the scientists involved.

http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...lobal-warming/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast