+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Turntables out for the Lads 2012

I'm Mika.

No changes here for TT department after last summer, so here are the old pics again..

I'm Jason.

Stunning turntables lads, I dont think I will add a pic of my Gyro after seeing these....

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Alan (Trio Leo's) stunning L0-7D:

Another, what I would call, 'proper' turntable!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mika.

That's one mean deck. One of the true classics one might say..

Absolutely - a veritable statement of engineering at its gob-smacking best! To appreciate just *how* good the L07D is, in an engineering sense, have a read here: http://www.l-07d.com/

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

And now for something a little different, but equally admirable, for different reasons - Anthony TD's original Cranfield Elite Gramaphone - the first Rock turntable, fitted with the original Excalibur arm:

Lurvely stuff!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm stu.

This is on loan with an spu.

This one is mine.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 21-04-2012 at 22:13. Reason: Helping out with photos
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

Is now a good time to say I hate it when folk post links to Photobucket, instead of uploading the pictures properly and posting them!!

Sheer laziness... Come on, Stu, you can do better

Marco.
    Main System

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Absolutely - a veritable statement of engineering at its gob-smacking best! To appreciate just *how* good the L07D is, in an engineering sense, have a read here: http://www.l-07d.com/

Marco.
    "Uber" or Over-engineering would apply best. It's really a shame that the advent of that digital format thingy whose name I can't remember led to the demise of some of these DD engineering marvels - Denon DP 100 & 75, Exclusive P3 or Technics SP 10 included. Shame I say, shame.

Hear, hear! Also, most of us were too busy being brainwashed by the fallacious notion that there was nothing better than the 'fruitbox' from Glasgow, and that all direct-drive T/Ts were 'shit'!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast