+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Satisfied even after a few tracks i know that this psu is a big upgrade on the smp that you normally use on the pi. Lower noise floor and smoother in a good way...Acker is soo dreamy on that clarinet at moment. Much more clarity in the background orchestrations too...

For the record just using bog standard leads for 5v and 240v rails and currently not reduced to 230v through the regenerator. Will need to try and rearra!ge things to accomodate this. But thats for another day. Tbh the whole McCoy needs re doing now...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got one of these on order from Stan taking him up on his generous black friday deal.

.Shame more didnt go for his one day pricing lol

Going to use this with my alternate system of the proarts and telefunkens
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I am impressed with the new psu. if it improves the phono as much as it has the Pi then I will be happy. I have finally traced the occasional distortion I get with the Rola speakers(at certain freq only). It is the whizzer cone vibrating and distorting the sound mostly on one side(right one). I will have to come up with a plan to perhaps damp the whizzer as just touching it makes a difference... perhaps a coating or mastic or pva..??? dunno
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Try a light strip of blu-tak. Easy to do and totally reversible.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Whizzer cones are never good news - even when they are working right they are wrong - I hates 'em with a passion!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Blu Tak may work, you could also try some cotton wool around the outside of the whizzer- bit of PVA will keep it in place.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Blu Tak may work, you could also try some cotton wool around the outside of the whizzer- bit of PVA will keep it in place.
    That's a sensible suggestion. A ring of fine acoustic foam popped over the tweeter cone and lightly sandwiched against the bass cone may help too. That's a dodge some manufacturers use.

PVA glue sets hard and will not damp, it'll just add mass.

Aleene's Original Tacky Glue is the stuff for speaker damping. It dries clear but tacky and retains a texture similar to the Plastiflex coating that used to be applied to KEF and B&W, etc., Bextrene speaker cones. Best used thinned with about 30% water and a couple of coats brushed on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aleenes-Or...0AAOSwo0JWQgPr
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Thanks all. Once weather abates i will see what ive got and try some non destructives first. Its only at a certain freq usually alas Dean Martin seems to hit it a lot lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

I'm drooling over that plinth|
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    I'm drooling over that plinth|
    Thanks..it is nice...may be up for sale soon depending on how i get on with my next adventure
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread