+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Having A Deep Purple Re-Awakening.

I'm gone.

Infinite.

Didn't even know about it!

Listening now .... https://open.spotify.com/album/1jqiZMTpqUWTz4Ac2QIx3j

It's the 70s all over again. But in better sound.

Useful thread!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Infinite.

Didn't even know about it!

Listening now .... https://open.spotify.com/album/1jqiZMTpqUWTz4Ac2QIx3j

It's the 70s all over again. But in better sound.

Useful thread!
    That was my thoughts too when I heard it. Excellent album and the LP is superb quality.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I listen to as much 70s Purple now as I did then. Unlike Led Zeppelin they've officially released a host of live concerts. For me "Made In Japan" is unsurpassable but all the Mark II line-up live releases are worth a listen to marvel at the improvisation of Lord and Blackmore - BBC In Concert 70 and 72, Stockholm 70 and Denmark 72 to name a few.

The Kevin Shirley remix of MiJ is very divisive among fans, with Blackmore pushed down in the mix in favour of Lord and Paice.

Of the Mark III line-up material the California Jam is probably the best example before things descended into a mess.

Pete

I'm Martin.

Yeah Ive been listening on spotify...the 19 minute version of Child In Time In Stockholm...what a Rockin jam out that is!

I had My first Deep Purple phase when I was about 13...I just drifted away from listening to them for some reason. Perhaps it was because I couldnt afford many albums or maybe I was getting a bit sick of the smoke on the water riff Many of my punk and post punk heroes said they grew up listening to and liking Deep Purple. It became untrendy at that time to say you liked 70s rock and maybe it all got tied in with the prog thing

Anyway a crackin rock band and Im really enjoying the full selection on Spotify. Dare I say the live performances have a vibe that that studio albums dont come close to.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 19-11-2017 at 13:32.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yeah Ive been listening on spotify...the 19 minute version of Child In Time In Stockholm...what a Rockin jam out that is!

I had My first Deep Purple phase when I was about 13...I just drifted away from listening to them for some reason. Perhaps it was because I couldnt afford many albums or maybe I was geeting a bit sick of the smoke on the water riff Many of my punk and post punk heroes said they grew up listening to and liking Deep Purple. It became untrendy at that time to say you liked 70s rock and maybe it all got tied in with the prog thing

Anyway a crackin rock band and Im really enjoying the full selection on Spotify.

Anyway
    When I saw Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow Glasgow a few months ago they played Child in Time and at one point when they dropped the volume of the song I could hear singing in the distance and it made the hair on my arms and the my neck stand up and a shiver ran down my spine, thinking it was a choir, I looked over to my left, where the singing was coming from, I then realised it was the crowd singing, an amazing sensation, I'll never forget it.

Had much the same happen at Knebworth when Genesis played Fading Lights as the sun went down in the distance.

Never ever seen Purple live, which I've regretted to this day, me a former fan club member too

I'm Russell.

I too discovered Deep Purple at age 13, had Machine Head on 8-track tape! Wore it slam out! A band I work sound for, they took on Highway Star, and it took them a few months to get it perfect, I never realized just how amazing and complicated the arrangement is, and how very challenging that song really is. So, that took me back and got me to pulling out my old Purple records. They really are far more talented than I ever realized when I was a teenager. I’ve got several Rainbow albums that have stood the test of time too. The early 70’s was a magical time for music, never to be repeated. So glad they recorded it so we can enjoy it now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

fireball was my favourite of theirs along with the live album of the time.. think it was japan. Liked Rainbow for a few tracks too but they were never close to Zep at time.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    fireball was my favourite of theirs along with the live album of the time.. think it was japan. Liked Rainbow for a few tracks too but they were never close to Zep at time.
    Rainbow, Straight Between the Eyes, is a landmark album!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I too discovered Deep Purple at age 13, had Machine Head on 8-track tape! Wore it slam out! A band I work sound for, they took on Highway Star, and it took them a few months to get it perfect, I never realized just how amazing and complicated the arrangement is, and how very challenging that song really is. So, that took me back and got me to pulling out my old Purple records. They really are far more talented than I ever realized when I was a teenager. The early 70’s was a magical time for music, never to be repeated. So glad they recorded it so we can enjoy it now!

Yes that is my main thought. They are more talented than I realised as a teenager. I didnt have many albums when I was younger so I only really experienced one live album......might have been Made In Japan but I cant really remember...whatever was cheapest in Woolworths I suppose.

Its just interesting coming back to it all these years. I think I did put them aside as a guilty pleasure but that is unfair really.

Ive not really listened again properly for forty years so its a strange feeling coming back, working it out and going with the feelings that appealed to me in the first place

Im certainly enjoying what Im listening to and appreciating the Hammond organ and guitar playing more than ever.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 20-11-2017 at 08:50.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

Any comments please?
    Get a load of this Martin 39 million views :

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast