+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Brian.

Good luck !
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Ralph.

I like the Lenco top plate and there's nothing much wrong with it that can't be sorted by filling in the open areas with two part resin mix. This strengthens the top plate and reduces resonances. Imo getting the arm off the top plate and onto the plinth is probably the biggest gain. A twelve inch arm also means a bigger plinth so more mass which is better still. The motor will never be absolutely silent. Just one of those things you have to live with.
    Ralph.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by CornishPasty View Post
    I like the Lenco top plate and there's nothing much wrong with it that can't be sorted by filling in the open areas with two part resin mix. This strengthens the top plate and reduces resonances. Imo getting the arm off the top plate and onto the plinth is probably the biggest gain. A twelve inch arm also means a bigger plinth so more mass which is better still. The motor will never be absolutely silent. Just one of those things you have to live with.
    all the gaps have been filled. I've already done a 12" tonearm and heavy plinth build and your correct with regards mass. The top plate resonates like a bugger compared to my 301.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Ralph.

I can understand the Lenco top plate being more resonant than the Garrard. What did you use to fill in your top plate?
    Ralph.

I'm Andrew.

Two part resin mix.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Two part resin mix.
    And it still rings?
    Ralph.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by CornishPasty View Post
    And it still rings?
    Its pretty inert but as I said when compared to the 301 it's not cracking.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Well that's it, the Speed Controller is now under construction, no turning back now! The Shure M55E and new JICO stylus sounds fantastic on the 301 let's hope this can continue over onto the Lenco. Just the tonearm now and then I've done for now. I'm looking forward to putting the 1210 and the 301 away for a while and just getting used to the sonic characteristics of the Lenco.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Looking forward to your take on this turntable Andrew .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Christian.

Funny thread... As a long time Lenco fan, Lenco Référence and Lenco Heaven forums member, I have to smile when I read that some AoS inmates seem to think that a Lenco L75 is a kind of rudimentery tool for Neanderthal men...

And I impatienly wait for the moment when someone is going to write that a properly modified Lenco L75 (or L78 for that matter) runs rings around that springy Scottish thing, what do you call it, Lynn Sundeck, or whatever...

+ Reply to Thread