+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The TC-7535 Caiman SEG at a glance.

I'm Mike.

Thinking of adding one of these to my Chromecast setup via Toslink, I have an HD-Plex Linear PSU that can run 12v will that be fine for the SEG, or is it better at 15v?

Thanks,

Mike.

It will work fine at 12V. At 15V it will sound better with some power supplies, but not all of them.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    It will work fine at 12V. At 15V it will sound better with some power supplies, but not all of them.
    Thanks for the info, I'll have a think, I'm testing a Chromecast Audio at the moment with Spotify so the DAC would be for that setup.

I'm Kev.

Default Just put my order in!

Just ordered myself a SEG after reading all the positive comments both here and on other areas of the net.

I have a chord Mojo at the minute which I'm not really getting on with. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic bit of kit but it just doesn't seem to match my system. Connectivity is limited too. Its a bit too forward and bright for my set up. I'm getting better sound from my CD player alone (Marantz). I'm running Naim Nait 5si & Focal Aria 906 which need to be partnered carefully anyway.

Looking forward to hearing the Caiman when it arrives!

I'm Adam.

...have to say regarding your comments about the Chord being too forward - I have to agree. I have a SEG and am sure you will be pleased with your purchase.
    Adam.

I'm Geoff.

I have an SEG and I am pleased with its performance. However, I have noticed some digital clicks when I move from streaming standard flac files to high resolution 24/96 files.

Has anybody else experienced this and is there a solution to prevent it?

Geoff

I'm Adam.

It is a feature of the design - I have learned to live with it - a click on changing sampling rate is a small price to pay for excellent sound IMHO.
    Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have an SEG and I am pleased with its performance. However, I have noticed some digital clicks when I move from streaming standard flac files to high resolution 24/96 files.

Has anybody else experienced this and is there a solution to prevent it?

Geoff
    Have a look at http://www.beresford.me/downloads/CA...ode%20REV6.pdf

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Stanley,

I am not sure about the relevance of this link as I am not using the usb input. I am using the optical input. If I am listening at high volume the click can be quite worrying!

Geoff

OK, got it. I haven't done any streaming for some considerable period of time now. But I'll have a look at that. Maybe I need a dedicated data handling option in the firmware that can be manually selected for streaming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast