+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Glastonbury 2017 Thread.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    My daughter wants to try Glastonbury (we've never been) but I get p'd off with all the flags, can't see the blooming stage!
    They can be a nuisance but definitely add more to the atmosphere than they take away. They also come in useful for finding your way back to your gang when you go to the loo. Triangulate between three is what I do. Except for the time when my mate phoned and said he was next to a Wales flag. I looked around and saw a half dozen of them...doh!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    My daughter wants to try Glastonbury (we've never been) but I get p'd off with all the flags, can't see the blooming stage!
    Only flags on the Pyramid stage Mike......best music and best times are always miles away from the Pyramid.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    Only flags on the Pyramid stage Mike......best music and best times are always miles away from the Pyramid.
    Ah, never knew that, just seen it on the telly and assumed it was like that all over the place.

I'm Dave.

Yep spot on there John. Same with the bogs etc, main stage band ends, thousands of peeps head to the loo's,etc etc... to hang around main stage all the time is a concert ,not a festival. Much better stuff to be had other areas, with well over 100 stages , and more space around , not that often i go to the main areas.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Rich.

Very true re the pyramid and other stage, I only go there to see the act I'm interested in and then wander off. Think we only went there for ZZ Top this year.

Around the Avalon stage and area is one of our favourite part of the festival. Always a great and varied line up and nice atmosphere. On the Friday nt this year, Ali and I found a bench with a view in the Avalon Inn and enjoyed watching Blackberry Smoke whilst chatting with some other folks. Very chilled evening.

I also saw a few great acts at the Williams Green stage and West Holts this year. Someone once said to me there are 150,000 different Glastonburys to be had and I think thats entirety right.

I'm Rich.

Default Radiohead

Radiohead confirmed for the 2017 Festival.

I've been fortunate enough to see them live a few times over the years and always a great live band. I'm pretty ecstatic at this news.

I'm Rich.

Default Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters Now confirmed for Sat night, used to really enjoy their earlier albums. Not really kept up with them since. Still that Grohl fella seems an affable sort. They did put on a good show when I last saw them in 2002 so maybe worth a look.

Also a few self confirmations going around the social medias, London Grammar being one of them. Again worth a look for me depending on whether they clash with something else good.

I'm John.

Hobo Jones + The Junkyard Dogs are strongly rumoured Rich.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm Rich.

Hobo Jones + The Junkyard Dogs are strongly rumoured Rich.
    Always a great act John, opening act on Avalon stage Friday lunchtime has become a bit of a fixture in recent years.

Headline lineup out today

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.u...tml#page_outer

Highlights for me are - Radiohead, Chic, Royal Blood, RTJ, Phoenix, First Aid Kit, Toots and the Maytals, Flaming Lips, Warpaint, Can Project, DJ Shadow, Ride, Mark Lanegan, The Cinematic Orchestra.

I'm John.

Three weeks....get in!
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast